5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangra69 View Post
    SO why can't I download the extension?
    PEBKAC

Make sure you are on the Full Site and not the mobile site. Make sure your forum theme (bottom left corner) is set to FGResponsive.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Small Issue noticed with FGU and this Extension:

When loading a 5E Game (clean, fresh no other extensions) I get this error message:
    Unable to locate extension file (Current HP) (campaign/template_char.xml)

Additionaly I noticed that a Player connecting to my game hosted on the cloud server they do not actually load the extension. (But also no other one like Decals/Themes, so most likely that is not a issue with the Extension itself.) Since I can use it when using a second client, I guess my players also have to load the extension themselves instead of recieving it via joining my game?

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post

When loading a 5E Game (clean, fresh no other extensions) I get this error message:

Additionaly I noticed that a Player connecting to my game hosted on the cloud server they do not actually load the extension. (But also no other one like Decals/Themes, so most likely that is not a issue with the Extension itself.) Since I can use it when using a second client, I guess my players also have to load the extension themselves instead of recieving it via joining my game?
    No, players download any extensions that the DM has enabled when they join the DMs game. Most extensions will probably need updated to work with Unity.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, players download any extensions that the DM has enabled when they join the DMs game. Most extensions will probably need updated to work with Unity.
    Seems that with the current Unity Version that does not work all the time. My Players did not see the extra HP Field that this Mod adds, when just joining my game. But once I did send them the .ext File via Dropbox and they had placed it in their extension Folder, everything worked fine (Except that "Unable to loacte" Error, that this time everyone gets, but as far as I could see did not actually impact anything)

I haven't been using Fantasy Grounds to run a game in some time. I'm not sure what's all changed with the 5e character sheet in Unity or mods to be able to diagnose this, but I'm guessing they changed something this mod depends on.

Blog Entries
    The biggest issue with extensions and FGU is properly formed xml. The parser used by FGU is more strict than FGC. The second area of course is in regards to images. The 5E ruleset itself has no changes I'm aware of between FGC and FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This extension is great, and in my humble opinion, should be the default behavior of the 5E ruleset. However, I'm having trouble with temporary hit points. If a character has any, they are not removed before "current hit points" are reduced. It seems that they are ignored altogether.
    Could you consider subtracting from the temporary HP before reducing the current HP?
    Or, am I misinterpreting the 5E rules? I've been playing since the boxed set in '82, so I get my editions confused sometimes.

You are correct, temporary hit points get used before current hit points. I haven't used this extension but I am assuming that the author knows this and the extension should work in this way. Check that you don't have any other extensions loaded that might be interfering with this one. Test in a new campaign with just this extension.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Armandeus View Post
    This extension is great, and in my humble opinion, should be the default behavior of the 5E ruleset. However, I'm having trouble with temporary hit points. If a character has any, they are not removed before "current hit points" are reduced. It seems that they are ignored altogether.
    Could you consider subtracting from the temporary HP before reducing the current HP?
    Or, am I misinterpreting the 5E rules? I've been playing since the boxed set in '82, so I get my editions confused sometimes.
    I've just tested and it worked fine for me. I had some temporary HP setup for a PC in the combat tracker (shown in blue) and when damage was applied to that PC the temporary HP were reduced as normal. When there was no temporary HP left, wounds were applied to the PC and the current HP were reduced accordingly.

If this doesn't work for you, then (as Zacchaeus suggests) try it in a brand new campaign with only this extension enabled. If it still doesn't work, post a screenshot with the combat tracker and the chat window showing the issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroshe View Post

I just tried this in FGU and got the same error. Sure enough, that file simply does not exist within the extension. I just re-downloaded it from this thread, and confirmed that the file does not exist within the .ext.

Thread Information