Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Roll from the character sheet. You double-click on an attribute and a discipline. This adds the score to the modifier box (renamed Target). Then drag from the discipline to get 2d20 to roll. Right-click to add further d20s for modifier spends, etc. Drop into the chat window to roll.

The NPC and ship sheets work similarly. The ship sheet only has one die by default, as you're usually rolling an assist.
    Last edited by Valarian; September 29th, 2018 at 07:18.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

When I try to add a weapon to a character/npc, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
    Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control () in windowclass (charsheet_main)
    To be honest, I'm totally new to Fantasy Grounds and I have no idea on where to begin. Is there some kind of guide on how to set this up for STA? (I'm coming from running a few games on Roll20)
    Last edited by aceman67; November 26th, 2018 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    When I try to add a weapon to a character/npc, I get this error:
    Script Error: [string "common/scripts/list_text.lua"]:46: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
    To be honest, I'm totally new to Fantasy Grounds and I have no idea on where to begin. Is there some kind of guide on how to set this up for STA? (I'm coming from running a few games on Roll20)
    I've managed to replicate the error when dragging/dropping from the item list, or when creating a table line via the green plus list icon. I've uploaded a new version of the extension to fix the problem.

There's no setup required, other than creating characters, NPCs, and story items. There's no macros or anything to add. Where available, these are already coded. Double-clicking in an attribute or discipline score adds the score to the modifier box, re-purposed to hold a Target Number. Drag and drop from the discipline score pulls 2d20 across for rolling in the chat window. Right-clicking as you drag adds further d20s to the roll for Momentum spends. Players can add (double-click) and spend (drag token off the token pile) Momentum for their characters. The GM can use Momentum (on behalf of the players) or Threat.

The majority of the user guides in the wiki (Basic Guides) apply to this ruleset.

Thank you for fixing the error, and I'm loving the new LCARS theme, but how do I create weapons (and set damage dice), as when I go to create it, like Unarmed Strike, which has a 1CD damage, there's no option to set that.

Thank you for fixing the error, and I'm loving the new LCARS theme, but how do I create weapons (and set damage dice), as when I go to create it, like Unarmed Strike, which has a 1CD damage, there's no option to set that.
    Right-click on the weapon table area and select "Create Item" from the radial menu to create a weapon line.
    The damage dice (CD) are custom dice on the d6. Right-click on the d6 in the dice area, under the chat window, and select custom from the radial menu. Then select dCD. Right-click to add dice until you have the correct number (e.g. 1CD + whatever the character's security rating is) then drop onto the damage section of the weapon. Double-clicking on the damage dice section will roll the dice.

Awesome, thank you man. Really looking forward to running games with my community again

Now I just have to solve connection issues, but thats an entirely different issue...

Awesome, thank you man. Really looking forward to running games with my community again
    Now I just have to solve connection issues, but thats an entirely different issue...
    No problem. Let me know if I can help getting used to the software and the ruleset. Not sure I can help much on the networking.

Do you have any plans to add Difficulty and Complication Range modifiers to the ruleset?

And is it possible to add an Abilities library as well so my players can just drag and drop talents to their sheets?

Difficulty modifiers can be added to the modifier (target number) box as a negative modifier before rolling. I don't have plans to add complications. It is possible to add a library, which I've done for my own games. The Talents and Traits will accept reference and note entries as drag/drop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ohhh, that new theme looks good! I'll have to update this. Hopefully I will get the core rules for Christmas

Thread Information