DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Star Trek Adventures Ruleset and Extension

I've been playing in a Star Trek Adventures games recently, enjoying the chance to play for a change instead of running the game. We've been using the Modiphius 2d20 ruleset with Star Trek Adventures extension that I've been building. It's available as a community ruleset, not official.

The character sheet includes dice rolls for the 2d20 system. Double-clicking in an attribute or discipline score adds the score to the modifier box, repurposed to hold a Target Number. Drag and drop from the discipline score pulls 2d20 across for rolling in the chat window. Right-clicking as you drag adds further d20s to the roll for Momentum spends.

There's an NPC sheet, and a shareable ship sheet. The GM view of the combat tracker shows current and maximum stress. Injuries and conditions can be added as effects.

Language support added for some of the Star Trek languages.

Momentum and Threat tokens are shown. Players can add and spend Momentum for their characters. The GM can use Momentum (on behalf of the players) or Threat.

Link to Ruleset and Extension. Install the Modiphius2d20.pak file in rulesets and the StarTrekAdventures.ext file in extensions. Select the extension when creating a campaign.

Known Issues:
    • Throwing language file errors in FGU (missing TTF font definitions)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valarian; December 21st, 2021 at 13:20.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Have you updated this recently? It looks a little different than the one I have. I'm guessing that if a community ruleset is updated, it doesn't automatically update through the fantasy grounds updated? I have to re-download the ruleset to get any updates?

I've been adding more functionality to the ruleset so there have been recent updates. You will have to redownload. There's no automatic updating for community rulesets.

Very cool. So if I redownload the ruleset, will I lose any campaign info I have already put in?

No. The campaign structure is the same and there are no changes to character fields. Any NPCs added with base CoreRPG fields may need looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I've been playing in a Star Trek Adventures games recently, enjoying the chance to play for a change instead of running the game. We've been using the Modiphius 2d20 ruleset with Star Trek Adventures extension that I've been building. It's available as a community ruleset, not official.

The character sheet includes dice rolls for the 2d20 system. Double-clicking in an attribute or discipline score adds the score to the modifier box, repurposed to hold a Target Number. Drag and drop from the discipline score pulls 2d20 across for rolling in the chat window. Right-clicking as you drag adds further d20s to the roll for Momentum spends.

There's an NPC sheet, and a shareable ship sheet. The GM view of the combat tracker shows current and maximum stress. Injuries and conditions can be added as effects.

Language support added for some of the Star Trek languages.

Momentum and Threat tokens are shown. Players can add and spend Momentum for their characters. The GM can use Momentum (on behalf of the players) or Threat.

Link to Ruleset and Extension. Install the Modiphius2d20.pak file in rulesets and the StarTrekAdventures.ext file in extensions. Select the extension when creating a campaign.
    Hi,

I like the look of the Examples of what you've written, but I'm having a problem with installing them. I've put everything where it needs to be, but when I try to create a new campaign It gives me the Modiphius rules to pick from, but not the Star Trek Adventures extension. Any suggestions?

Jon

Answers via PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens
    Hi,
    I like the look of the Examples of what you've written, but I'm having a problem with installing them. I've put everything where it needs to be, but when I try to create a new campaign It gives me the Modiphius rules to pick from, but not the Star Trek Adventures extension. Any suggestions?
    Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    Check that the .pak file is in your rulesets folder, and the .ext file is in the extensions folder. You should see Star Trek Adventures available as an available extension when you select the Modiphius 2d20 ruleset.

Create Campaign view
    Load Campaign view
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbens
    I dont see the Ships Tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    Go to the modules area and tick the Ships option. The ships should appear in the menu bar.

Valaraian, I had a chance to play Star Trek Adventures in a game Timdog ran. We had a blast - thank you for creating and maintaining the ruleset!

Rimdog -thanks for an excellent one shot!

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    Have you updated this recently? It looks a little different than the one I have. I'm guessing that if a community ruleset is updated, it doesn't automatically update through the fantasy grounds updated? I have to re-download the ruleset to get any updates?
    Yes any of the community rule sets on the wiki need to be manually updated. So you just need to follow along the forum. The creator probably puts out update messages when he updates the code.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

I believe the ruleset needs update for latest Fantasy Grounds update. Some script errors using items and images

Thread Information