DICE PACKS BUNDLE

PC's exploring the map (Pathfinder)

Greetings all,

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I have maps made for my PC's, when I reveal the next room the PC's go into, how can I make it so as soon as I reveal it the enemies is already there and battle can commence right away? It seems when I put all my NPCs on the map first, it doesn't quite register in Combat tracker as I believe I have to first put my NPCS in combat tracker and then drag them onto the map? Can I do anything faster than just revealing the room, and then adding monsters to the empty room the PC's see? This seems to slow the game down a bit. It would be nice to have the PC's walk into the room and instantaneously see the monsters and simply just roll initiative from there on out. I hope this message wasn't too confusing, thanks everyone.

Blog Entries
    Use Encounters. During prep time (i.e. before your players are online) Add the NPC to an encounter, drag the small token from the encounter to the map so that you can pre-place all the NPCs. Then, when you are playing, right before you reveal the room, use the down arrow icon on the encounter to automatically add all NPCs from the Encounter to the CT and onto the map. Since you haven't revealed it yet, the NPCs will be invisible. Once you show them on the CT, when you reveal the area on the map they are, they will automatically show up.

Check the link in my sig about adventure creation.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yep, use Encounters. Information in the Wiki -> User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/Encounters
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information