FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Reading this, it appears you are required to have a computer running and you use a remote desktop type app to use it? Would much prefer a true app as I would just use the laptop verses leaving it at home and running.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rblackburn View Post
    Reading this, it appears you are required to have a computer running and you use a remote desktop type app to use it? Would much prefer a true app as I would just use the laptop verses leaving it at home and running.
    There is no android or ios app.
    It is indeed running from a windows computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Yes you would have to purchase everything through steam for this to work.

The only thing that gets shared are the base license keys.

Also YEA! Lindsey is back!
    I'm almost certain that your purchases are tied to those license keys on the FG side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    I'm almost certain that your purchases are tied to those license keys on the FG side.
    DLC ownership is not shared between stores.
    Only the license key is.
    DLC is not tied to a license key on the FG store - its tied to your forum username.

I'm new to FGs, only purchased a little while ago, and am currently building a campaign and have a core group of players (we haven't started yet). This thread has been very helpful in solving a problem I have, but I have a question:

- One of my players just lost his PC to critical failure, and cannot afford to fix it. So he only has a phone to do mobile gaming currently.

I understand that the software must run on a PC, but you can then use a virtual desktop to access it. I have a spare laptop that I cannot loan my friend physically, but I could run an instance of FG on that laptop in my house, and perhaps he could then control that laptop remotely from his phone.

Would this work? What if the laptop is a Mac, but his phone is Android? Can an android virtual desktop control a Mac?

And if so, can anyone recommend a good app that can do this, for either iPhone or Android?

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    From a phone? I don't know of specific software that would do it, but I'm 90% sure you an find something. But, I can't imaging it would be anything but painful to try and use FG on such an incredibly small screen. But if they are committed to trying... Maybe someone else can control their character and they are just viewing the map and CT?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    From a phone?
    Well, his monitor isn't dead. I wonder whether he could output his phone to a display somehow, and maybe bluetooth to a mouse? Surely there exist such apps, but yeah, I don't know what they are.

Blog Entries
    If you already have your monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse, their are these computers to look at. No idea if it would run FG... This one is a Linux version, but they make Windows versions to. Maybe it's still out of financial reach, but they are cheap ($50). https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've not heard if anyone has used one with FG, but I do know people have used them for other gaming platforms.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mormegil27 View Post
    Well, his monitor isn't dead. I wonder whether he could output his phone to a display somehow, and maybe bluetooth to a mouse? Surely there exist such apps, but yeah, I don't know what they are.
    Well, I know Apple TV can cast from a phone to a TV. I also know my Android phone has an app to do that. But both require a "smart" TV. As for a monitor... Well, my previous Android phone had a mini-HDMI output that I could connect via a cable to a TV (used to watch movies that way when in hotels).

Hopefully someone will jump in with actual info for your use case.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will research this and post my solution.

Thread Information