FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Ruleset v1.0.7.

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Cool, I'm sure you'll make the right choice,
    Thanks Player feedback always helps with this kind of stuff, won't be able to please everyone but I hope to please enough, just wish I had more time to do everything I want with FG: Torg, Shadows of Esteren, Symbaroum, Dresden Files, Blades in the Dark.... oh the list is sooooooo long!
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hiya MadMan,
    I just bought your Ruleset- Been waiting for it to come out for a while now....Glad to see its out.
    Question. When I Updated

Checking package MGP3800TRVMG1E for updates
    updating modules/Traveller Core Rulebook (1E).mod
    updating modules/TravellerC.mod
    updating modules/TravellerA.mod
    updating rulesets/Mongoose Traveller 1E.pak

It show 3 modules but when I load the game there is only the Core Rules listed in my Library. It that correct or is something missing.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Some thoughts from looking over 1.0.6 and thoughts on 1.0.7,

Can we include additional Weapon types as it appears only Slug Thrower, Melee Weapons, Grenades, and Armour are working at the moment? Additional subtypes that would be neat to have are Heavy Weapons, Energy Weapons, Support Weapons, and Primitive Projectile Weapons (I was considering just including them into slug throwers). Heavy Weapons would show the same as slug throwers. Energy Weapons would just need a label change to Power Pack (if this doesn't mess up the internal code, if so, then just cosmetic). Support Weapons would include TL, Minimum Range (new), Effective Range (new), Damage, Radius (new, but was thinking of just have blast radius available), Rate of Fire (new), Minimum Operating Crew (new), Cost, and Ammo Cost.

Was thinking over the Careers for a bit and trying out a few character creations to see what would work best for me, and I like the idea to simplify it by allowing the Career History section of the character sheet (Personal tab) accept a drag and drop of a career link. This would then link to the career with any needed player information. The player would be able to then just manually edit and add the relevant Specialty information and all the events that were rolled to the sheet by hand. Which I found I could drag the chat log to the sheet to add. Which lead me to thinking a multiple line Event section under the Career link could be used to keep track of the events and what was rolled for each term within that Career.

I have a loftier idea for character creation that would mimic the 5E ruleset in boxes appearing for selections. It would begin with a drag and drop of the career link to the Career history section and then a box to choose a specialty (such as when class specialty is selected) and then selection of the table to roll from available tables for the player choices. The table roll output would then be presented in the chat window. This is just wishlist item and I know it might be a pain in the neck to code.

Speaking of which, can we get the DOE extensions to work with this or have you modified CoreRPG too heavily for that? I'm particularly hooked on the Locations & Organizations add-ons FWIW, though an OLE link to the Traveller Map would probably be pretty useful too (then again, I keep that one on my desktop).

Quote Originally Posted by velshandru View Post
    ...though an OLE link to the Traveller Map would probably be pretty useful too (then again, I keep that one on my desktop).
    You can create that link yourself. Just type the URL in chat and press return - you'll then have a <link> in the chat widnow that you can drag to the hotkey, a story entry, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Some thoughts from looking over 1.0.6 and thoughts on 1.0.7,

Can we include additional Weapon types as it appears only Slug Thrower, Melee Weapons, Grenades, and Armour are working at the moment? Additional subtypes that would be neat to have are Heavy Weapons, Energy Weapons, Support Weapons, and Primitive Projectile Weapons (I was considering just including them into slug throwers). Heavy Weapons would show the same as slug throwers. Energy Weapons would just need a label change to Power Pack (if this doesn't mess up the internal code, if so, then just cosmetic). Support Weapons would include TL, Minimum Range (new), Effective Range (new), Damage, Radius (new, but was thinking of just have blast radius available), Rate of Fire (new), Minimum Operating Crew (new), Cost, and Ammo Cost.

Was thinking over the Careers for a bit and trying out a few character creations to see what would work best for me, and I like the idea to simplify it by allowing the Career History section of the character sheet (Personal tab) accept a drag and drop of a career link. This would then link to the career with any needed player information. The player would be able to then just manually edit and add the relevant Specialty information and all the events that were rolled to the sheet by hand. Which I found I could drag the chat log to the sheet to add. Which lead me to thinking a multiple line Event section under the Career link could be used to keep track of the events and what was rolled for each term within that Career.

I have a loftier idea for character creation that would mimic the 5E ruleset in boxes appearing for selections. It would begin with a drag and drop of the career link to the Career history section and then a box to choose a specialty (such as when class specialty is selected) and then selection of the table to roll from available tables for the player choices. The table roll output would then be presented in the chat window. This is just wishlist item and I know it might be a pain in the neck to code.
    Hi ST57,

I've been busy with work, my brain is broken for today (it's 22:17 so it's allowed).

I'll add the other Weapon Types in 1.0.7 for you.

About the Careers, I'm going to allow you to drag the Career in and it'll add it, but copying the rolls for events from the sheet works nicely, but the idea of your 'loftier idea' sounds good (I was thinking similar about this), I'll have a think and see what can/can't be done.

Keep thinking, it all helps!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by velshandru View Post
    Speaking of which, can we get the DOE extensions to work with this or have you modified CoreRPG too heavily for that? I'm particularly hooked on the Locations & Organizations add-ons FWIW, though an OLE link to the Traveller Map would probably be pretty useful too (then again, I keep that one on my desktop).
    I've not modified CoreRPG that much, it's all built 'on top'. Plus Dulux-Oz has been in touch about allowing his extensions to work with this ruleset.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    a GM's book without all the character creation tables
    Is there any way to hide them from the All Tables view, possibly in a subdirectory? I know I can do this with tokens, but not with images (i.e. I can create the subdirectories, but they display in a single list). Then again, tokens are designed to nest into subdirectories. Note to self: send this request to FG as a change request...
    Last edited by velshandru; June 7th, 2018 at 22:51. Reason: delete excess quote

Great, I'll go bug him in the place provided <g>.

Thread Information