FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 28 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

Blog Entries
    Our policy for ruleset development and content development is that the developer who builds it receives ongoing commissions for all new sales of a product. In exchange, they are required to update it with new bug fixes and to maintain compatibility with updates to our core system. New features are a definite nice-to-have, but not a requirement. We also subjectively review new products to see if they are not getting enough love in the way of new enhancement or feature requests that are popular for the community. If we receive too many of those and the developer is not responding, then we maintain the right to end the commission and re-assign it to another developer or to take it in-house for future development. That also requires that we have another developer available or staff are available to assign.

This particular project was different then pretty much everything else we've done to date. An interested customer really wanted to have support for 13th Age, so he commissioned Dulux Oz to build it for him. We informed him that he would be responsible for maintenance of the project. As part of that agreement, he negotiated with Dulux Oz to maintain it for 1 year. That has blurred the line on who the "developer" is.

Bugs and errors should be fixed in a timely manner
    New features can be requested but are not a requirement

After that period is up in May 2019, we may re-assign it or open it up for another dev to take over if the original developer is not interested in continuing to maintain and manage it. That also requires finding another dev that is willing to invest more time and attention on it. That's the obviously flip side of this. While the arrangement is/was unusual, there would not have been a 13th Age Ruleset without it. 13th Age GMs and players would be relegated to playing using CoreRPG or MoreCore. We always offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you ever buy anything and are unsatisfied and we can extend this at our discretion if anyone is very upset.
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; November 21st, 2018 at 20:17.

@Lokaire: It seems the 13th Age Bestiary slipped the latest update, as the updater showed the 13th Age ruleset, the Core rule adventure, and the core rules itself being updated, but not the bestiary. Therefore missing stats like from the Ghoul licklash weren‘t fixed.

Issue 40.2: The GM can set the DC for any check in the party sheet section. It can be set in the ability check and background section.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I just got the ruleset, and I believe I am encountering a bug with the calculations to the AC, it is supposed to take the middle mod of Con/Dex/Wis, but right now it is also taking the INT modifier, when it should not.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

Quote Originally Posted by Hurske View Post
    I just got the ruleset, and I believe I am encountering a bug with the calculations to the AC, it is supposed to take the middle mod of Con/Dex/Wis, but right now it is also taking the INT modifier, when it should not.
    Let me check into it and I'll get back to you
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Something we noticed in our last game was that if the escalation die is modified (eg if a Cleric invoked the Domain of War/Leadership to increase the escalation die by 1), when the next round is triggered by the Combat Tracker, that adjustment is lost.

For example, Round 1 (ED 0), the cleric invokes and increases the ED to 1.
    When the CT triggered the next round, it's Round 2, ED 1 instead of ED 2.
    Next round it's Round 3, ED 2 instead of ED 3
    and so on.

I think what should be happening is that when the Next Round is triggered, it should add +1 to the ED instead of setting the ED to equal Round # -1.

Quote Originally Posted by njohn858 View Post
    Something we noticed in our last game was that if the escalation die is modified (eg if a Cleric invoked the Domain of War/Leadership to increase the escalation die by 1), when the next round is triggered by the Combat Tracker, that adjustment is lost.

For example, Round 1 (ED 0), the cleric invokes and increases the ED to 1.
    When the CT triggered the next round, it's Round 2, ED 1 instead of ED 2.
    Next round it's Round 3, ED 2 instead of ED 3
    and so on.

I think what should be happening is that when the Next Round is triggered, it should add +1 to the ED instead of setting the ED to equal Round # -1.
    Thank you for the report - I'll get it fixed asap
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Drag/drop characters onto the Party Sheet Main Tab, creates a script error:
    [string „link“]:1: attempt to index field ‚listbackgrounds‘ (a nil value)
    This error just happens once. Removing/adding the char again, will not generate an error.
    Last edited by Targas; February 4th, 2019 at 09:18.

Clicking onto the Party attack dice roll button in the Party sheet generates the following script error:
    [string „scripts/IsManagerActionAttack.lua“]:288: attempt to perform arithmetic on global ‚nAddMod‘ (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Updates & Fixes - let me start out by saying "Sorry its taken me a while to get these sorted".

Below is a list of all of the outstanding Bugs identified by the Post Number that they were first reported under, along with (when necessary) a brief explanation, etc. But first let me remind everyone of a basic, fundamental fact about the 13th Age RPG - especially when compared to 5E and/or PF (for example): 13A is way, way more "unstructured" than a lot of other RPGs. By this I mean that the 13th Age is more "free-form" than 5E (for example) with instructions in the rulebook along the lines of "Do whatever the GM feels is right in this situation" or "The GM decides upon the result". So, instead of having a hard-and-fast rule for a given situation, or a fixed set of (limited) options to choose from for a character, the 13th Age is designed from the start to allow the GM and the Players to "do pretty much what they want." This is one of the strengths of 13th age, and one of the reasons its so popular.

Unfortunately, computers don't work this way. Computes *need* hard-and-fast rules and lack the ability to handle "fuzzy decisions". This means that, by design, the 13th Age Ruleset has a lot less automation than other, more "rigid" Rulesets (such as 5E). So when using the 13A Ruleset the Players and the GM can't rely on FG to do as much of the "work" as they can expect when using the 5E Ruleset. For example: because most classes in 13A can choose 3 of a number of starting Abilities (Powers) when starting out, the 13A CoreRules module lists those abilities along with the instruction to "Choose 3". Players can then drag their three choices to the character sheet (yes, that's now working), along with all the other choices they can make. This is but one limited example of design choices made by the Ruleset Dev Team to get the Ruleset done and in the hands of those desperately wanting it. Could we have coded all of the options, then presented them in a pop-up window when a class was dragged to a blank character sheet? Yes, but we'd still be coding the thing now if we had gone that route, which means that the 13A Ruleset still wouldn't be available.

TL DR - The 13th Age Ruleset, by design, doesn't have all the "bells-&-whistles" automation of the 5E Ruleset because the 13th Age RPG is more "free-form" than 5th Ed D&D.

• Issue 17 - Cannot reproduce crash. @Eneko and @scotryder: can you provide any more detail info, please.
    • Issue 19, 36, 46 (and other similar issues) - Missing Stats - Fixed
    • Issue 37 - Character/Class Sheet Drag & Drop - As Designed (see explanation above)
    • Issue 40.1 - Backgrounds - As Designed. The play tests used Note Entries on those rare occasions they need too.
    • Issue 40.2 - Default DC 15 Background Checks - Still resolving.
    • Issue 40.3 - Multi- Miss Damage - this is as designed (at the moment) - still being investigated, may treat as a feature (see below).
    • Issue 40.4 - Weapons/Inventory - As Designed (see explanation above).
    • Issue 41 - Not as issue. When adding a Power (on the Powers Tab) and then a Power Action (from the Radial Menu) if you expand the Damage details section (by clicking on the right-hand Down Arrow) you can set Ability Scores, Level, etc, by clicking on the blank entryfield boxes and cycle through the options.
    • Issue 42 - Formatting of Text Boxes - More detail required, please (although I suspect this is as design).
    • Issue 48 - Escalation Die - Cannot reproduce. Could more info be provided, please.
    • Issue 50 - Drag & Drop Feats - Fixed

The updated Ruleset, etc, has gone to SmiteWorks for inclusion on the FG Updater - they'll send them out when they're ready (in the past its taken between a couple of days and a couple of weeks). In the meantime, if people could get back to me with the requested info then I'd appreciate it. I'm also updating the Ruleset for the new FGv3.3.7 (currently in the Test Channel) - if people could let me know if there are any issues there I'll get them fixed as well.

Finally, I'm open to discussing (politely) feature updates/improvements - but people need to realise that I don't get paid for any of this work - its all volunteer work, so it sometimes gets a lower priority than paid ICT work (which I do for a living) and/or family and my own relaxation/gaming/coding.

Cheers
    Issue # 19: Ghoul Licklash still missing the HP stat. It reads <<Hit Points>>, should read: 48
    Issue # 41: Still not working to create spells manualls (e.g. for 13 True Ways). See 'Burning Hands' example with attached picture showing the error in detail.
    Issue # 48.2: Rolling ability check die is still not considering Level bonus. See picture for more detail.
    Issue # 48.3: Kobold Archer typo still present, should read Javelin, not Javalin
    Issue # 50: Drag/drop of class features will only work with 'Powers', but not with 'Adventurer Feat', 'Champion Feat', or 'Epic Feat'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Targas; February 4th, 2019 at 10:28.

Thread Information