DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 28 First ... 132122232425 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

That's not a bug. Drag/drop of classes, races, etc. is a fairly huge feature that still needs to be added to the ruleset. It isn't a native capability of FGU, and there are numerous rulesets that do not support this.

Oh, I got spoiled by the level of automation of other Rulesets, , So I supposed all worked the same way.
    Thanks a lot for the answer!!!

njohn858 reported this issue back in 2019:
    Another bug: The Powers section of the character sheet does not support the Extra Info section for individual powers. So if as the GM I create Powers in the Powers section of FG, then I drag/drop it onto the character sheet, all that information is lost.
    It looks like it's either an issue that didn't yet get addressed, or it cropped up again.
    Screenshot 2022-06-04 215101.png
    Pictured on the left is the Power that was copied onto a character, on the right is the ability as it exists in the Powers tab.
    It looks like the Extra Info details are all lose, as well as the Flavor Text.

It's also not possible to add any Linked Powers. Clicking the Edit List button doesn't do anything.

It's also not possible to add any Linked Powers. Clicking the Edit List button doesn't do anything.
    It appears to me that the purpose of the Linked Powers section is to add related powers to the character sheet when a power is dragged and dropped. For instance, if I create a power record in the Powers list and drop another power into the Linked Powers list, and then drop that power onto a character sheet, then the dropped power and the linked power are both added to the character sheet, and the linked power is removed from the list in the dropped power. That might be hold-over functionality from 4E? I can't remember seeing any powers in any of the content sources that require that behavior. I could either remove the linked powers section from the power window completely, just change the drag/drop behavior to something else, or leave it as-is. Thoughts/suggestions welcome here.

Note that as alluded to above, it is possible to drag and drop a power into the linked powers section to add items, and if there are items in the list, then Clicking the Edit List button does cause delete buttons to appear (they are currently on top of the reference link, and I'm fixing that now).

I have also confirmed that both flavor text and extra info fields are lost when dragging and dropping a power. I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    It appears to me that the purpose of the Linked Powers section is to add related powers to the character sheet when a power is dragged and dropped. For instance, if I create a power record in the Powers list and drop another power into the Linked Powers list, and then drop that power onto a character sheet, then the dropped power and the linked power are both added to the character sheet, and the linked power is removed from the list in the dropped power. That might be hold-over functionality from 4E? I can't remember seeing any powers in any of the content sources that require that behavior. I could either remove the linked powers section from the power window completely, just change the drag/drop behavior to something else, or leave it as-is. Thoughts/suggestions welcome here.

Note that as alluded to above, it is possible to drag and drop a power into the linked powers section to add items, and if there are items in the list, then Clicking the Edit List button does cause delete buttons to appear (they are currently on top of the reference link, and I'm fixing that now).
    Oh, that's excellent, I had no idea you could drag things onto them, thank you!

I had been using the Extra Info field to list off the additional feats that could be taken for a power, but I like using the Linked Items field even more. Currently, as someone who's still learning about class features, I don't know if a power has additional feats to take, but linking them there helps me identify what's available without having to pull up the class again each time. Here is how I'm linking them so as a player I know what's available to me: Screenshot 2022-06-06 165529.png

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I have also confirmed that both flavor text and extra info fields are lost when dragging and dropping a power. I will fix that.
    Excellent, thank you!

I found that the weapon attacks in the Mini Character window don't get the character level added to their attack and damage rolls.
    Capture.PNG
    Capture2.PNG

Though the number of damage dice rolled at higher levels in the Mini window do add the additional damage dice.

There's a big update to all rulesets coming next week. Once that is out, I'll take a look at this issue. Thanks for reporting.

The issue is now fixed. There were two problems in there. First, weapons on the mini sheet weren't updating when the level changed. Second, the bonus was being calculated using half level instead of level for some reason. I'm guessing some hold-over from 4E that was overlooked. The fix should roll out next Tuesday.

When I dragged over a picture from the asstes to the character sheet, this error came up :
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 15.56.01.png

Thread Information