FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 28 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: 13A Bug Reports

The 13th Age Core Rulebook conversion is lacking the Index & Glossary section. Usually not a big deal, but in this case the 13th Age rulesystem refers to definitions like ‚daily‘ to this secton, explaining lots of stuff, which cannot be found elsewhere. I‘d appreciate if this section could be added.
    I found out, because I run an Intro session for my players being new to 13th Age, explaining some terms and definitions unique for this ruleset to them, and I couldn‘t find this section.

Release Updates on February 5th, 2019
    The following products have been updated:
    13th Age Ruleset
    [Fixed] Various bugs

Any idea which bugs have been fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Targas View Post
    Release Updates on February 5th, 2019
    The following products have been updated:
    13th Age Ruleset
    [Fixed] Various bugs

Any idea which bugs have been fixed?
    No idea - as I said previously, I sent the last set of updated files (at least I think they were the last set) to SW minutes before I wrote Post #52 (Nov 21st?). The updates released yesterday might have been them, but once we send in updated files its up to the SW staff to get them integrated into the FG Updater.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I din‘t know why, but in our last session we had a combat, where weapon damage was applied with 2 dice, instead of one die, and the damage was prefixed withna keyword ‚Focus 1,2D‘. I have no clue where this come from. In addition some players were unable to target enemies by normal means. Even by doing so, the target was not identified and they had to manually drag attack and damage die to the combat tracker entry of the foe.

I remember I had this last issue 4-5 years ago playing C&C, but I‘ve never had this since then.

It looks like something specific to the 13A rules that got set up on the PC; but I don't know the system at all. Hopefully, Dulux-Oz or one of the other people who play 13A can help clarify.

Regards,
    JPG

The strange thing is, 13th Age does not have a Feat/Talent/Skill called Focus to my knowledge. For damage it rolls 2 dice, adds the attribute bonus. So after the damage is applied I had to remove the second rolled die from the foe‘s total HP in the combat tracker, every time. We even removed the existing weapon and drag/dropped it again from the reference manual without success. Maybe it‘s something from the 4th Edition Ruleset?

The non targeting was annoying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by njohn858 View Post
    I'm experiencing this too, but the workaround I've found is to add all the combat text into the main text box of the power (eg Attack: Charisma + Level vs. PD Hit: 1d6 + Charisma Fire damage.), then after adding the non-functional Power Attack, going through the radial menu and clicking "Reset Power Actions." This seems to re-parse the text from the power and automatically add the correctly-calculated Power Attack.

But I can confirm that after expanding the power attack to update the attack details, clicking on the button to add the level does not work. This is true for both the powers from the corebook as well as user-created powers. You can even see the blank field in Targas' screenshot.
    I had a bit of an epiphany tonight as I was working with some higher-level spells and couldn't figure out why the roll bonuses weren't right. From what I can tell, the underlying code is seeing the attack (eg Wisdom + Level vs MD) and in its calculation of the attack, automatically adding the level too. That makes the actual roll something along the lines of d20+(Wis+Level)+Level. Once you change the attack text to remove the + Level (eg Wisdom vs MD) and reset the Power Action, the attack is correctly calculating the bonus. d20+(Wis)+Level

So when you manually create a Power Action, the inability to add the Level actually makes things work correctly for those Power Actions. But for every Power Action that's automatically generated from the text, it ends up adding the Level twice.
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Another bug: The Powers section of the character sheet does not support the Extra Info section for individual powers. So if as the GM I create Powers in the Powers section of FG, then I drag/drop it onto the character sheet, all that information is lost.
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Thanks for the report - I'll get on to these as soon and as fast as I can.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Any update on these bugs being fixed, submitted, and rolled out?
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Thread Information