STAR TREK 2d20

Savage Worlds questions - general and/or specific

I'm trying to learn the SW ruleset and play in FG. I started this so I can keep adding questions as they come up.

Here's the first one:

I'm running a simple combat (see screenshot). I've done several rounds of combat trying to see effects and decode the information presented on the CT and in chat. I just got this result and I can't figure out why. I hit the zombie with a shotgun blast and the damaged rolled was all negative. I can't figure out why...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by GarthGiantbane View Post
    I'm trying to learn the SW ruleset and play in FG. I started this so I can keep adding questions as they come up.

Here's the first one:

I'm running a simple combat (see screenshot). I've done several rounds of combat trying to see effects and decode the information presented on the CT and in chat. I just got this result and I can't figure out why. I hit the zombie with a shotgun blast and the damaged rolled was all negative. I can't figure out why...
    Your Shotgun's damage is 1-3d6 which causes this. Shotgun with shots have three damages depending the range. You should express each damage setup separately because the ruleset does not do it for you automatically. Easy fix is to replace the damage with 3d6 and add two subattacks to it one with 2d6 damage and second with 1d6. Also Shotgun with shots have +2 to hit bonus in short range, remember to include it as well
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks!

This pregen had 3 weapon setups and I was rotating through them all to see differences. Looking back in the chat log, it apears every time prior to this that I tried the shotgun, I missed (and most of those critical failures :P) so I never actually applied damage until the last round. I see now why I got the negative numbers. It looks a little strange that they set the damage like that but I understand the fix and need. I wondering about how to do the different ranges. I'll reset and try some more.

So rather than starting my own question thread, I thought I'd throw it in here:

Is there any way to have FG show each exploding die's roll rather than just the total?

(eg. if you ace a roll, have it show that 1 die's total and then each additional die's total, rather than rolling 6 + 3 and it showing 9. I even got the detailed die result extension and it just adds in the wild die info).

Thread Information