DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Occult Adventures?

Does anyone know if Occult Adventures is in the works for Fantasy Grounds?

Thanks,
    Laukai

I was wondering if I created the content for Occult Adventures, is there anyone out there with some skill with skill using LUA and whatever else is needed who might be willing to add in the sheet mechanics for things such as Burn, and a new mechanic for handling "Invocation" style casting (Kineticist) abilities since they are a little bit different than spells and psychic powers.

I know its possible to add things to the character sheet such as new trackable resources (I've seen the extension for hero points). But the problem with things like burn is that they change the damage of, or numeric values of abilities on the fly. I have no idea how hard something like this is to handle. But I do know that its rather frustrating to keep track of at times. As for creating a new section for Kineticist abilities. I dislike the idea of using spells and abilities have NO automation to them its just text. Which is not really useful for active abilities.

P.S., I'm not adverse to learning how to do this myself, I taught myself HL coding and know just enough of how to code in r20 to be dangerous. But, LUA is honestly an entirely different beast and with xml thrown in... Well it looks rather intimidating, I also mostly learn by the copy pasta and making myself a nuisance on forums by asking why things work. I dont learn very well from wiki articles :P If you might know any resources where I could learn like this and not risk wrecking everything. I'd love that too.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    I would suggest you look at the various MoreCore extensions. You may want to start with MoreCore and modify that to accomplish want you want. (Unless the OA rules are close to an existing ruleset).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not really what I am looking for Occult Adventures is a RPG Rulebook for the Pathfinder system, so most of the sheet implementation is already complete. I just needs some additional mechanics for combat and kineticist otherwise the bookeeping becomes taxing. I and the players that I normally have come from the philosophy of gamer that you should have as much as possible handled by the program allowing the player a free hand to roleplay rather than mess with dice. A style of play thats has been called lazy, or not traditional or whatever sort of negative stuff. But it has served me well and may players enjoy it.

Although, MoreCore looks interesting, might be able to use that for custom systems and I'll have to take a closer look later if I run non-pathfinder games in the future thank you for pointing it out to me, that is very much appreciated I didnt know about moreCore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
    Not really what I am looking for Occult Adventures is a RPG Rulebook for the Pathfinder system, so most of the sheet implementation is already complete. I just needs some additional mechanics for combat and kineticist otherwise the bookeeping becomes taxing. I and the players that I normally have come from the philosophy of gamer that you should have as much as possible handled by the program allowing the player a free hand to roleplay rather than mess with dice. A style of play thats has been called lazy, or not traditional or whatever sort of negative stuff. But it has served me well and may players enjoy it.

Although, MoreCore looks interesting, might be able to use that for custom systems and I'll have to take a closer look later if I run non-pathfinder games in the future thank you for pointing it out to me, that is very much appreciated I didnt know about moreCore.
    You will generate less confusion if you posted this in the Pathfinder subforums.

Moved to PF sub forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh, I am sorry I assumed it was because I was posting to a thread Labeled "Occult Adventures" which is for pathfinder. I didnt look for the thread this was in because of that... I will repost this question in the Pathfinder forums.

Edit: This was moved before I could make a new post. Woops.
    Last edited by TobyFox2002; February 8th, 2019 at 04:05. Reason: crossed emails.

Thread Information