STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    So roaming profiles are a no-go... Since they are designed to allow the user to go from computer to computer with the same file access. If that is the case, does that mean that I will only be able to use Fantasy Grounds on only one computer?

Blog Entries
    You can use FG on more than one computer, as long as you are one person etc.

I don't know about roaming profiles. I do know that you do not want to store your FG Data directory on any cloud sync'd location that has active sync (i.e. DropBox, Google Drive, etc). There is a batch file in another thread that will backup your FG Data to cloud locations and back somewhere on teh forums here. But if you know enough about batch files, you can easily make your own.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am comfortable creating batch files and such... I just need to establish the correct location for the data folder, and get it working correctly before I start working on backups. I'll keep experimenting with things installed on the C: drive for now. I will work on saving or backing things up after I have something worth backing up!

If you see a thread with a solution that should allow me to store the AppData folder on a network location, please let me know?

Thanks again!
    Laukai

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukai View Post
    I am comfortable creating batch files and such... I just need to establish the correct location for the data folder, and get it working correctly before I start working on backups. I'll keep experimenting with things installed on the C: drive for now. I will work on saving or backing things up after I have something worth backing up!

If you see a thread with a solution that should allow me to store the AppData folder on a network location, please let me know?

Thanks again!
    Laukai
    Im not saying that its definitely an issue and I have seen others use a network drive - but I havent seen roaming profiles being used.
    You can totally use two computers and sync the data direct from the store to both so long as you are only using them yourself.
    You will need to manually (or script) the Campaign Data sync between the two computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukai View Post
    I just started, and ran the updater, yet when I go to create a test campaign, any ruleset I select is asking me to make a purchase. I thought the ultimate version of the program was supposed to come...
    To address this first issue - the Ultimate license does not give you any more content than the standard license. All the Ultimate license does is allow free/demo users to join your game. FG comes with some rulesets, but you will need to purchase the commercial rulesets. See the list of which rulesets come with FG in the "Fantasy Grounds Licenses" section of the main page here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php The rulesets included are: 3.5E, 4E, 5E, FATECore, PFRPG, Numenera
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information