5E Character Create Playlist

Player Having Issues Connecting To Session

I recently added a new player to my game, and she's having issues connecting to the session. I tested with the other players, and everyone else connects fine. The only difference I can tell is that she uses a mobile hotspot to access the internet. I've tried seeing if there's anything I can do to open things up on my end, but whatever search variation I put in just gives me solutions for hosting using a hotspot. Any help would be appreciated. Worst case scenario we can play theater of the mind using Discord, and I can just use my FG notes and tools, but that's far from ideal.

I have an Ultimate License.

Welcome to the forums.

The main thing will be to check that the hotspot network in Windows is set to private not public. If it is set to private, then they should check in their installed security software that FantasyGrounds.exe is allowed to have Internet access.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Additionally - after they have tried to connect, get them to send you their console.log file from the <FG App Data> directory (click the folder icon on the top right of the main FG launch screen to access this directory). In this logfile, check that the alias being used is correct and that it correctly resolves to your external IP address.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for the snappy reply! I will get with her as soon as she becomes available and test everything out. Thanks!

Thread Information