DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    If you follow my directions then that problem should be resolved in Unity. It was for me.
    Now I'm trying to get it working in Unity and can't. I don't use Vex's mod, I just want to use Olog's mod directly. Is there a fix for that?

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I'm trying to use the treasure-tables.mod in FGU v4.0.1 and I can't seem to get the "Generate Random Treasure Parcel" button to create anything other coins? And how exactly does it roll? I have setup a CR18 encounter consisting of Hobgoblins and Frost giants. Would it be rolling the same table (CR17+) for each of those monsters??

Coveny let me test it today and see. I have not use it in Unity since Unity released.

Eroc999 Welcome! So by default it only has one small table it uses to generate a few coins and that is it. You will need to make tables for what you want it to roll for. I will try a post some more detailed instructions after I get some time to test.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Looks like it is working like I stated before. You need to use the original one then put in the modified one. I am adding mine in but you need to thank FeatherRin. They provided the code.5E_Random-Treasure.ext

Eroc999
    You need to build tables that are like Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01. You will need to put them in the Random Treasure Generator Extension group. You will also need to remove the Sample on that is there.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

Looks like it is working like I stated before. You need to use the original one then put in the modified one..
    I did some testing with this. I put in Olog's version of the extension and then put in your version of the extension. Neither works. I still roll from the DMG regardless. Does it make a difference that my tables are from a module (attached) in unity rather than directly from the campaign maybe?

I do notice that in classic I get a module named "Olog's Random Treasure Table" but I don't see that in unity. I don't USE it in classic though maybe it makes a difference. Also for me in unity it always makes a new sample table every time I load the campaign. (even if there is a sample table there already) Gauntlet_Road_Randoms.mod

Coveny since you are getting the table in Unity that tells me you are using the original ext. Now Close Unity completely. Put in the ext from my earlier post and it should stop making the sample each time. You will need to make tables called
    Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01
    Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02
    Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03
    etc

They have to be named that and they have to be put in
    Random Treasure Generator Extension group for this to work. You might want to start by modifying the sample that comes with it. Make a

Challenge Ratings 00 Through 04 that gives silver
    Challenge Ratings 05 Through 99 that gives gold and a few items

Then change the amount of creatures so you get it to roll multiple times. If you do not have it calculate the cr you just put assign it. This will roll for each of the creatures in the encounter. then you can just change the cr higher and it should roll on that part of the table. I hope that makes sense.

You will need to make tables called
    Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01
    Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02
    Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03
    etc
    So your changes require the table names to be named exactly like that, and combine CR 0 with CR 1 then individual tables for the rest of the CRs all the way to 99?

My table is named as such:
    CR 0-0
    CR 1-1
    CR 23-99

It works in Classic with those names, so I assume you've hardcoded to those names in the new version of the extension?

FeatherRin is the one that fixed this. I am not sure what the exact options are for the table names. I just know when I use the ones I listed it works.

Quote Originally Posted by FeatherRin View Post
    Here's all currently relevant info (check date of post):

In FGU currently the custom parcels dont work unless you set them manually in the default config.
    You will also have to bypass (or delete) the error check, otherwise it will generate a new basic template at each startup.

If you use VeX's Random Treasure Generator:

Code:
    local defaultTiers=
    {{0,1, "Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01"},
    {2,2, "Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02"},
    {3,3, "Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03"},
    {4,4, "Challenge Ratings 04 Through 04"},
    {5,5, "Challenge Ratings 05 Through 05"},
    {6,6, "Challenge Ratings 06 Through 06"},
    {7,7, "Challenge Ratings 07 Through 07"},
    {8,8, "Challenge Ratings 08 Through 08"},
    {9,9, "Challenge Ratings 09 Through 09"},
    {10,10, "Challenge Ratings 10 Through 10"},
    {11,11, "Challenge Ratings 11 Through 11"},
    {12,12, "Challenge Ratings 12 Through 12"},
    {13,13, "Challenge Ratings 13 Through 13"},
    {14,14, "Challenge Ratings 14 Through 14"},
    {15,15, "Challenge Ratings 15 Through 15"},
    {16,16, "Challenge Ratings 16 Through 16"},
    {17,99, "Challenge Ratings 17 Through 99"}};
    If you have
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]: 64: attempt to index field 'nodeTable' (a nil value)
    You are missing one of the required modules.

VeX's table requires:
    *D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide
    *VeX's Trinket Horde
    *VeX's Random Treasure Tables
    Would it be possible for you to provide me a fix if I do not have Vex's tables and just use Olog's by itself? My table names are different and from the above module as well if that matters please let me know.

OK here you go. Please realize that this has zero support. The new list is

{{0,0, "CR 0-0"},
    {1,1, "CR 1-1"},
    {2,2, "CR 2-2"},
    {3,3, "CR 3-3"},
    {4,4, "CR 4-4"},
    {5,5, "CR 5-5"},
    {6,6, "CR 6-6"},
    {7,7, "CR 7-7"},
    {8,8, "CR 8-8"},
    {9,9, "CR 9-9"},
    {10,10, "CR 10-10"},
    {11,11, "CR 11-11"},
    {12,12, "CR 12-12"},
    {13,13, "CR 13-13"},
    {14,14, "CR 14-14"},
    {15,15, "CR 15-15"},
    {16,16, "CR 16-16"},
    {17,99, "CR 17-99"}};

If at some point you need to update the list you just need to rename the ext to zip then extract out the files.
    scripts\gen_treas.lua is the file you will need to update. I have also renamed the ext so no one else gets it in confusion so you will need to move the original to another directory or just do not enable it.

Sorry typo here it is fixed.CR_0_0_5E_Random-Treasure.ext
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Granamere; November 17th, 2020 at 01:56.

Thread Information