DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

5E Random Treasure Generator

Overview
    This extension adds a button to an encounter window that will generate a random treasure parcel appropriate for the number of creatures and their challenge rating present in the encounter. The "Individual Treasure" tables from the Dungeon Master's Guide can be used as a default, or the user can create their own random treasure tables based on a creatures challenge rating.

Getting Started
    Just copy the extension file to the extension folder of your Fantasy Grounds installation. Enable the extension as usual when creating or loading your campaign. Once your campaign loads, a new sample table will be displayed. You can just delete this table and use the DMG tables if desired. Or take a look at the new tables description for tips on creating your own treasure tables.

Details
    This extension reads the npc's and the number appearing from an encounter. A table is programmatically generated and then rolled on, outputting the results to a item parcel. The table is then automatically deleted. The generated table consults existing treasure tables located within a new table group "Random Treasure Generator Extension", which is automatically created. If no tables are found in this group, the extension defaults to the DMG tables. (The DMG module must be loaded to use the default tables.) A sample treasure table is also created if the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" group is not found. This sample treasure table should be edited to match your campaign. (It will only generate 1d6 gold for a creature regardless of CR, but is otherwise fully fuctional). If no "Random Treasure Generator Extension" group is found in your tables, the group will be created and the sample table will be put in the group.

Custom Treasure Tables
    You can create your own custom treasure tables. This is recommended if you do not use the DMG, as the provided sample table is more or less a placeholder. The only requirement is that your custom treasure table include a minimum and maximum CR listed numerically in the name of your table, and that the table be placed in the "Random Treasure Generator Extension" table group. For example, the table can be named "Joe's custom table for CR 3 through CR 9". At a minimum, the table name should include just two numbers (One table can include just a single number covering all creatures with a CR greater or equal to the number.) The treasure tables can call on other tables as normal, and can include multiple columns. The custom treasure tables should cover all ranges of CR starting from 0 (fractional CR are not currently supported, defaulting to CR 0). The treasure tables should not overlap. The extension will attempt to detect an incomplete set of tables, and use the DMG tables instead. If it fails to detect incomplete or incorrect tables, the extension may explode.

Versions
    Current Version: 0.6.02 - Added option to set generated parcel as "GM Only" or to follow the default set in the "Chat: Show DM Rolls" option.
    Previous Versions
    0.6.01 - Added check for Host vs. Client
    0.6 - First release. Tested with FG 3.3.5

Link to post containing custom treasure table examples:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post393281

Images

Encounter.png

Treasure Parcel.png

Custom Treasure Table.png

Treasure Tables.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Olog; June 29th, 2018 at 23:49.

Nice work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well done! Very clever. Ill be incorperating this in all of my campaigns. I love that it accounts for previously crested tables. Awesome.

Wow, I have to try this in my game. Thank you for sharing your work!

It's very nice extension all tho i have error poping up from player side.

Script Error: [string "scripts/gen_treas.lua"]:37: createChild: Unable to create parent node

Any idea how to sort it out ?

Hadn't tested with a player connected before. The extension doesn't really make sense for a player. I'll add some check to disable the tools if the client is not GM.

Sample Treasure Tables

Here are some sample random treasure tables for use with the extension. They ultimately call back to the DMG tables, but adds more variety than just coins for individual treasures.

Load this mod, copy the tables into your own campaign, then you can unload the mod.

Olog
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Olog; June 29th, 2018 at 23:44.

When I use this extension a public parcel is generated and shown to every player. Is there a way to make the parcel private by default?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    When I use this extension a public parcel is generated and shown to every player. Is there a way to make the parcel private by default?
    Treasure parcels are not shared by default, so if they are in your game then there is an issue with your campaign. Before any players join your game type /flushdb into chat and then press return. Let us know if this fixes the issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

At the moment it's tied in to the option "Chat: Show GM Rolls". If "Off" the parcel is DM only, otherwise it's public. I will see about setting an option.

Thread Information