5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by FeatherRin View Post
    Default table is broken (see my comment above)
    You have to change the default table (and bypass the creation process) to your preferred table in the mod to avoid this.
    Thanks. I was still using the DMG variant. That one is used when you delete the table. Will take a look at the VeX version.

Quote Originally Posted by FeatherRin View Post
    Here's all currently relevant info (check date of post):

In FGU currently the custom parcels dont work unless you set them manually in the default config.
    You will also have to bypass (or delete) the error check, otherwise it will generate a new basic template at each startup.

If you use VeX's Random Treasure Generator:

Code:
    local defaultTiers=
    {{0,1, "Challenge Ratings 00 Through 01"},
    {2,2, "Challenge Ratings 02 Through 02"},
    {3,3, "Challenge Ratings 03 Through 03"},
    {4,4, "Challenge Ratings 04 Through 04"},
    {5,5, "Challenge Ratings 05 Through 05"},
    {6,6, "Challenge Ratings 06 Through 06"},
    {7,7, "Challenge Ratings 07 Through 07"},
    {8,8, "Challenge Ratings 08 Through 08"},
    {9,9, "Challenge Ratings 09 Through 09"},
    {10,10, "Challenge Ratings 10 Through 10"},
    {11,11, "Challenge Ratings 11 Through 11"},
    {12,12, "Challenge Ratings 12 Through 12"},
    {13,13, "Challenge Ratings 13 Through 13"},
    {14,14, "Challenge Ratings 14 Through 14"},
    {15,15, "Challenge Ratings 15 Through 15"},
    {16,16, "Challenge Ratings 16 Through 16"},
    {17,99, "Challenge Ratings 17 Through 99"}};
    If you have
    Code:
    Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_table.lua"]: 64: attempt to index field 'nodeTable' (a nil value)
    You are missing one of the required modules.

VeX's table requires:
    *D&D 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide
    *VeX's Trinket Horde
    *VeX's Random Treasure Tables

Here's mine modification if ur lazy.
    Thank you for the fix. I will test it out later tonight.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Good day!
    I am not sure if you are aware of Mad Nomad’s new extension “Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater”
    (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...-Party-Updater)

Anyhoo, in order for your awesome extension to work with it, it has 2 requirements.
    1) The extension version has to show up in the extension’s Tooltips
    2) The version numbering can only go one decimal deep. (1.4 is ok, 1.4.1 is not)
    Thank you so much for your consideration in assisting in this awesome add-on!
    Gabe

I downloaded Unity and it broke this for me in FGC. I use Olog's random treasure gen every week and doing treasure just got dramatically more tedious. I tried mgummelt files but those don't seem to be working for me either. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Always the challenge when someone makes a free thing then moves on. So not sure why this is happening but if you Use the ext from page 1 in unity and build the tables then exit out of unity. Then replace it with the ext from page 5 it seems to work as long as the CR of the encounter is set.

This means currently each time you start a new campaign you would need to go through these extra steps until some nice person comes and can figure out what is wrong in the script. I might try looking at it but I am very much a novice when it comes to ext in FG.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 19th, 2020 at 15:50.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    if you Use the ext from page 1 in unity and build the tables then exit out of unity. Then copy in the ext from page 5 it seems to work as long as the CR of the encounter is set.
    I was using the ext from page 1 for months without a problem in FGC, then downloaded Unity and it quit working. I have tried having both ext installed individually and together and neither works for me. It pops up the default 0-99 one every time and uses the DMG for the loot roles rather than my custom tables.

If you follow my directions then that problem should be resolved in Unity. It was for me.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 19th, 2020 at 15:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    If you follow my directions then that problem should be resolved in Unity. It was for me.
    I'm not trying to fix the problem in unity, I'm trying to fix the problem it classic, and it's not working. Every time I load my campaign it recreates the 0-99 chart and then defaults to the DMG.

Unity and Classic are running in different directories on your computer right?

I fixed it by adding CR 23-99 in, which I wasn't using before. I put the new ext files in C:\Users\mark_\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\extensions but they don't seem to matter because when I changed the ext on them to .bck it still worked. It's strange that it was working before, and quit working with the patch, but I'm just glad it's working again. Thanks for the help!

Thread Information