DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ruleset v1.0.6. - Thoughts on 1.0.7.

Greetings All,

Just finishing up v1.0.6 which hopefully fixes any current issue, plus adds a new feature.

Here we have the updates:

• Fixed the issues when clicking the Shortcut on Aliens, Homeworlds etc
    • Fixed the theme issue with the 'names' on all NPC's, Aliens etc
    • Fixed the Delete button on the characters in the Combat Tracker
    • Fixed the issue with NPC's actions, when there are no actions the Weapon, Attack, Damage and Range labels are all still showing (DONE)
    • Removed the 'cut images'
    • Fixed the issue when adding Weapons to show the Damage/Magazine
    • NPCs - Added a type field. Enter in what you require here, ie Drone, Creature, Patron*
    • Creation of Alien races

World Data
    There's a new sidebar button called 'Worlds' - note the old Homeworld sidebar button was known as 'Worlds' but it's renamed to 'Homeworld' (to fit on the button at a 1pt reduced font size).
    Within the pop-up window you may create worlds, edit and delete as you would any other data.
    Inside there's the UWP field (like NPC UPP's) to quickly enable you to add in the World Data from any source material that uses it. You can override the data and the UWP will be updated, please note be careful with Bases, Trade Codes and Travel Code, these are formatted to a specific way, very simply enter in this UWP and you'll see: 0602 A200400–B Z Z NI G - DO NOT enter the name as part of the UWP, otherwise it will not work correctly.
    Do note the Bases and Trade Codes are codes and not 'human readable', for the moment use the Rulebook to learn these. I am looking at using a Hover over showing the 'Human Text', that's just an idea at the moment.

NPC Type
    At the moment it's a normal field, however you can filter by these inn the NPC list. So keep the types to a fixed list. I was hoping to use a DropDown (ComboBox) but couldn't get it to work. In v1.0.7 when I look at adding Starship data, I'll start to add the code to switch fields. Ideally Drone/Robot will be classed as Vehicles, until that CT is done they'll work as normal NPC's.

Alien Races
    You can create your alien races now, there's a description section and a characteristics section. When entering characteristics, look at the core rulebook alien races for the layout, it's INT (or any other 3 digit uppercase stat) and the modifier directly after, ie INT+2, then use a comma and a space for the next stat ie INT+2, DEX-2, STR+1. This was for 1.0.7 but it was a quick add and Tripwire has a new Alien Race.

v0.1.7 (June 2018)
    During June I'll work on 1.0.7. This is the focus on adding more data, plus starting on the spacecraft side of things.

• Add Spacecraft Items, initially Hull, Armour, Computer, Electronics, Armaments, Misc etc)
    • Add Languages (Hiver, K'hree, Anglic, Vilani, Zdetl, Oynprith)
    • Allow Careers to be created, then look at Drag and Drop (don't worry about picking skills etc, not sure we could automate this)

I'll create a new thread for this once v1.0.6 is released.

Cheers
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; June 1st, 2018 at 12:46. Reason: Added creation of Alien Races
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the work so far- it's been great. Is there a bestiary for this rule set? That would be one request that I would have- more NPC's to drop on players. Starship stuff would be cool as well. So I guess I have 2 requests, starships and more material ( bestiary, adventures, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    Thanks for the work so far- it's been great. Is there a bestiary for this rule set? That would be one request that I would have- more NPC's to drop on players. Starship stuff would be cool as well. So I guess I have 2 requests, starships and more material ( bestiary, adventures, etc.)
    Thanks for the thanks, it all helps me focus on Traveller for FG around my RL which is a hardwork at the moment.

There's no 'one' Bestiary that I'm aware of for the Mongoose Edition of Traveller, but there's a lot of content out there, the Little Black Books etc. You can see here all the content that there is for Mongoose's Edition on DTRPG. There's loads of source books/adventure books and each of them have a host of new NPC's etc.

I've just posted that I'm working (well worked) on Tripwire, this has a good number of 'generic npc's. There's nothing stopping people creating and sharing their own NPC creations.

Now Mongoose have asked me to not do anymore 1st Edition books, they want me to focus entirely on 2nd Edition (which you can understand) and those will be released over the summer, though I'd love to do more Third Imperium books, so I'm going to ask if I can do the Spinward Marches next, we shall see.

I'm also hoping other devs/people will get the desire to convert some of the other 3rd party material out there, the more material the better.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Sorry haha I saw this thread on the "new posts" tab and didn't read the title. I thought this was a post about WOIN.

Quote Originally Posted by timdog88 View Post
    Sorry haha I saw this thread on the "new posts" tab and didn't read the title. I thought this was a post about WOIN.
    Haha it's ok, there is an online Bestiary for WOiN, but the WOiN community went very quiet, I'll re-add that back to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Thanks for the thanks, it all helps me focus on Traveller for FG around my RL which is a hardwork at the moment.

There's no 'one' Bestiary that I'm aware of for the Mongoose Edition of Traveller, but there's a lot of content out there, the Little Black Books etc.

In the animal encounters supplement for 1E, there are various encounter tables for critters based on world temp,atmosphere density, and terrain type, there is also a small section on a galactic bestiary and a table to modify the bestiary criiters to vary them for uniqness.

Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; June 1st, 2018 at 01:50.

PS, someday it would be nice to have a button or 2 to change the edu and soc labels to instinct snd pack for animals, and soc to charisma for vargr, it would make attribute checks output on chat, to be more self explanatory
    Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; June 1st, 2018 at 01:53.

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    PS, someday it would be nice to have a button or 2 to change the edu and soc labels to instinct snd pack for animals, and soc to charisma for vargr, it would make attribute checks output on chat, to be more self explanatory
    Chumbly
    That's coming, 1.0.6 allows you to set the type of NPC, in the next update (v1.0.7 - late June) I'll make the NPC type change the labels for Creatures/Animals, Droids/Robots etc.

Just decided to add Alien creation into 1.0.6. which has delayed it a little.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information