Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    Don't worry, we understand, you get tired clinging to the bottom of the Earth like that, we forgive you
    That one actually got me to laugh - well done.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hey Dulux, just curious if any mods are required on this extension since last FG release (3.3.6), as currently I am receiving a:

"Script Error: [string "DOEREMU/Scripts/lsREMUManager.lua"]:239: import: Unable to open file"

error when starting up the maintenance campaign, and the REMU icon is not present.

Quote Originally Posted by Atua View Post
    Hey Dulux, just curious if any mods are required on this extension since last FG release (3.3.6), as currently I am receiving a:

"Script Error: [string "DOEREMU/Scripts/lsREMUManager.lua"]:239: import: Unable to open file"

error when starting up the maintenance campaign, and the REMU icon is not present.
    That's a known error (pre-FGv3.3.6) - you can find it discussed (briefly) earlier in this thread - and yes, its something I've got to find a few minutes to fix (I've got to save at least one hand for hanging on - see previous posts)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

No worries, apologies for missing the original post where this was raised, and good luck.

<Insert "Hang in There" cat poster>

Hi Everyone,

I've thought long and hard about this, but I feel that, as things stand now with:
    • the awful "hack" I had to do to get the DOE:REMU to work,
    • the "finicky" and "prickly" nature of the DOE:REMU and the DOE:REMU Helpers,
    • the fact that no other Devs have taken the opportunity to use the DOE:REMU for their own REMs,
    • and the fact that too many of my fellow FGers are having trouble getting the DOEs, etc, downloaded and installed from the Github Repository

that I have decided to retire this Extension and place downloadable copies of all of my DO-REMs back on their individual FG Forum Threads.

This post can be considered a Notification Of End-Of-Life for this Extension.

I will be doing this over the next month or so (unless I'm convinced otherwise), and will make an announcement post both here and in each DO-REMs individual thread when this is completed.

Thank you to all who have used the DOE:REMU and who have struggled to get it to work - I really do appreciate the feedback - but it has proven less successful than I had hoped and has caused more grief than it has relieved. In short, it is an experiment that didn't work - a failure.

I will be archiving the code in case SmiteWorks decides to modify the FG-Engine in such a way as to make the DOE:REMU more viable in the future, so all is not wasted.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Thanks for your time trying to set up this system dulux-oz, it is certainly something that would make extensions in general more user friendly in the long-term if it was set up more broadly. Maybe it will get a look in for FGU.

With the EOL for this, will you still be distributing the most up-to-date version of the extensions in the REMU repo? I was looking at the Weather extension and didnt notice a direct download link, just a link to the repo, so I just wanted to be sure I was getting the most recent version.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    Well crap. I just started to use the DOE family of tools, and really like the idea of the DOE-REMU. Thanks for the efforts though Oz!
    Ultimate License Holder

If it makes any difference, I was literally complaining two weeks ago that there is no in FG system for managing extensions (not like it would be that hard to be incorporated and would solve soooo many issues post update), and then found your extension and got it working in minutes. I'm sad to see you retiring it.

Hey Dulux! I know that this is a known error. But my Sound Window is empty in 3.3.6A FG. Someone can help me? I installed the latest updated version today but still empty. Ty For HELPS
    Last edited by duddey; February 17th, 2019 at 17:45.

Thread Information