Starfinder Playlist

Move Player Token & Roll Dice from phone/tablet for In-Person/Face-to-Face play on TV

Attached extension and application to allow players to move their token and roll dice from their phone. It also allows players to move the map, zoom in, zoom out, and center the map on their token.

Designed for in-person (face-to-face) play with a large screen TV.
    1) Windows only and application must run as administrator
    2) Only works with tokens added to the combat tracker

(If you are playing with a TV laid flat on/in a table, you probably want this awesome extension from Trenloe instead: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?33834)

The application has to run as administrator since it uses HttpListener, so I recommend you use https://www.virustotal.com to verify foryourself that it is safe.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/network-programming/httplistener

Usage:
    1) If using two Fantasy Grounds instances on the same computer, start the FG instance that will be the client. If only using one FG instance, start it first.
    2) Start this application
    3) If using two Fantasy Grounds instances on the same computer, start the FG instance that will be the host/GM.

4) In Fantasy Grounds open maps with tokens or add tokens to maps via the Combat Tracker
    a. This will send token info to the application
    b. You should see the token info appear in the application log
    c. Close and open a map to send the token info again if the application does not see the tokens
    5) Have the player go the external url ending with “/move/”from a web browser on their phone (ideally Chrome)
    6) Application will ask the player to pick a token (it will not let you pick a hostile token)
    7) Once picked, a screen with arrows appears that lets the player move the token or roll dice
    Samsung GUI.jpg
    Attachment 24830

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by valeros; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:17. Reason: Updated functionality

One-time setup:
    1) Move MoveToken.ext to the Fantasy Grounds extension folder
    2) Optionally move DiceTotalLargeRed.ext to the Fantasy Grounds extension folder
    3) Modify MoveToken.exe to run as administrator
    a. Right click and select “Properties”
    b. Select “Compatibility” tab
    c. Check “Run this program as an administrator”
    d. Click OK
    4) Optional: modify config.txt to use the Port you want for the web server. Default is 80.

Optional: if you want people to be able to connect from outside your home network:
    5) You may have to setup port forwarding on your home router for this port. https://www.noip.com/support/knowled...warding-guide/
    6) You may have to setup Windows firewall to allow access on this port as well.
    a. Start->Settings (opens new window)
    b. Update & Security
    c. Windows Security->Firewall & network protection (opens new window)
    d. Advanced settings (click yes and opens new window)
    e. Inbound Rules (upper left), then “New Rule …” (upper right) (opens new window)
    f. Select “Port” option, then click Next
    g. Enter port number, then click Next
    h. Click Next
    i. Uncheck Domain and Public so only Private is checked, then click Next
    j. Provide a name, then click Finish
    k. Close all the windows
    7) You may have to setup your Windows machine with a static IP to make the web server work with port forwarding with your router.
    8) If the program does not correctly detect your internal and external IPs, update the application config file with the correct IPs.
    Last edited by valeros; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:09.

Important information:
    1) The URLs for using the application are listed in the application window.
    2) Only works on maps with grids.
    3) Be patient when moving tokens and DO NOT HOLD DOWN AN ARROW BUTTON or it will queue up a large number of moves. The fake keyboard takes a few tenths a of second to type the command to move the token in the Chat window. And Fantasy Grounds slides the token which takes a moment. Each button click moves the token a square, but it may take second or two per move.
    4) The fake keyboard can only send to the active window, so the application temporarily makes Fantasy Grounds the active window if it was not already. This can be disruptive if you are working on something else.
    5) If the Fantasy Grounds window receiving the fake keyboard input is in an editable field, the input will go to the editable field instead of the chat window.
    6) The application only detects tokens after it has been started. Closing and opening a window with tokens will cause the token info to be sent to the application.
    7) If running multiple instances of Fantasy Grounds on the same computer as the application, you may see duplicate tokens from which to select for a given character. It should not matter which you pick.
    8) Different browsers display the arrow characters differently. They may not look good on your device. You can edit the html files to use alternate characters or change them to images.
    9) If you do not see any tokens to pick for the player, then close and open the image window as the DM. That will cause the tokens to be sent again. Also, only non-hostile tokens are listed from which to pick.
    10) Only tested with the 5E and 4E rulesets so far. Only tested on Android phones.
    11) Not compatible with Trenloe’s “Player Image Auto Size” extension (listed above)
    12) The fake keyboard is slow. Using the Clipboard allows it to be much faster but could be disruptive if you are using the clipboard.
    13) The program will crash if not run as administrator. It will crash if the html files are not in the same directory as the application. It will crash if it cannot write to the directory in which it is located.
    Last edited by valeros; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:10.

Updated to check/require FG instance when started. This allows the input to always be sent to the selected FG instance. This is useful to always have the input sent to the client FG instance if running two instances on the same computer. That avoids the issue with input being sent into an editable field when the GM is in a story, combat tracker, etc. Start the FG client, then this program, then the FG host. Then input always goes to the client. (Also helps to make sure the die animation always show on the client when rolling from the web browser.)

Updated to also allow players to move the map, zoom in, zoom out, and center the map on their token in addition to moving their token and rolling dice. Also, now works with when the map is tiled to the background.
    Last edited by valeros; February 23rd, 2019 at 06:14.

didn't work for me. my phone isn't connecting to the address.

Shame, it looked cool.

EDIT: never mind, if i understand correctly. all devices must be connected into the same network.
    Gonna test it at home. i was currently testing with a 4G connection.
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; May 7th, 2019 at 15:29.

I would like to get this to work. I see that it's reading the map but no one can reach the move url from there phone. Were on the same network. The can connect to my game with the demo with a pc so it's not a network problem. I have tried doing the port settings and even turning off my firewall all together but still not working..... I even tried using the hotspot from my phone with no luck.

dose the ip need to match FG?
    Last edited by michaelzep; November 14th, 2019 at 23:03.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelzep View Post
    dose the ip need to match FG?
    Yes I changed it in the config file now it works.
    Last edited by michaelzep; November 14th, 2019 at 23:03.

Thread Information