5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Smiteworks Store...?

Hello and good day. Okay, a source of frustration about purchasing modules and such online through the smiteworks store is to 're-buy' items I already own as a gift for my best friend. Any reason this is so hard or elusive to do?

Aaron
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Buy a gift certificate for your friend in the amount of the item.

Details of the gifting process here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Grounds-Store
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think he means that if you already own an item, it shows up as "owned", and you can't readily purchase it again. You have to search for the item, and then it'll show up as "owned" instead of the "Buy" button. The trick is to search for it, and then to have it appear in the Top Sellers, where you *can* buy it.

Or, buy it, then gift it, then buy it for yourself.

It's no big thing once you learn how to massage the store into doing what you want, and just a remainder of the store previously not having gifting available, but I can understand how it can be flummoxing if you're used to Steam of Gog.com who have handled gifting as a regular part of their operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock View Post
    I think he means that if you already own an item, it shows up as "owned", and you can't readily purchase it again. You have to search for the item, and then it'll show up as "owned" instead of the "Buy" button.
    I know that's what he meant. However, buying a gift certificate in the amount needed for his friend remains the easiest way to gift store content.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    I know that's what he meant. However, buying a gift certificate in the amount needed for his friend remains the easiest way to gift store content.
    Oh yeah, no worries, I meant it for Trenloe ofcourse. I know you're a smart cookie, Andraax I just thought gift certificates were no longer available on the FG store.

You can do gifts via Steam or via Paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock View Post
    Oh yeah, no worries, I meant it for Trenloe ofcourse.
    The info you provided was detailed in the thread I linked, which also gives more background to the OP question of "Any reason why this is so hard or elusive to do?"

Anyway, thanks for clarifying one of the aspects of gifting on the FG store.

And, FG gift certificates (via PayPal) aren’t available anymore. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...lable&p=296163. Of course, you can still use Steam gifts or just send someone money. But I’m guessing that isn’t really what the OP is looking for. Still, it’s good to give options...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The info you provided was detailed in the thread I linked, which also gives more background to the OP question of "Any reason why this is so hard or elusive to do?"
    You're right, ofcourse, my apologies. Can I gift you a complimentary product to make up for it?

Thread Information