DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    When you add the extra goblins to the encounter, be sure to click the refresh button next to the CR or XP. If this doesn't solve your issue, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olog View Post
    Tested with FG version 3.3.5.

This is an update/streamline of hereander's original version that was updated by Fudly.

How it works:
    Put the attachment in your fantasy ground's extensions folder. On my computer that is:

C:\Users\Olog\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\extensions

Activate the extension for your campaign
    Attachment 23576

Choose whether you want to get party levels from the combat tracker or the party sheet.
    Attachment 23577

To use this, as you're creating a new encounter, click the refresh button to update the XP total, and then press "Calculate Encounter Difficulty" to output the difficulty of the encounter to chat.
    Attachment 23578

This version uses Fudly's formula for calculating the difficulty, which seems to agree with the 5E DMG. I removed the "super deadly" threshold, and any changes to the random encounter template. Encounters generated using random encounter template will still have the difficulty calculator available.
    With my vet players, most of my encounters are in "deadly" unfortunately! Is there a way to adjust the multipliers for number of foes? I find those bloat out the encounter strength far more than they should.

Also, is there any way to just tell it to use some offset from my PCs level, like +1, +2 etc? I find that's quite a quick way to ratchet the difficulties up from the 5e baseline of "new player friendly".

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I've been using a phone app (Campaign Lab) and Kobolt Fight Club but was really hoping to just do it all through FG, so this is PERFECT! Installed and works beautifully. Thank you!!!!

Are you running it with other extenions?

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Are you running it with other extenions?
    My bad! I forgot to add the party to the combat tracker.... LOL - working now perfectly.

Thank you. Looking forward to using it. Even though I use mostly pre-made adventures, there are more and more ones that I create to fill in gaps.

Has anyone tried this in Unity yet? I didn't see if was compatible with Unity in Post#1.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Has anyone tried this in Unity yet? I didn't see if was compatible with Unity in Post#1.
    Yeah it works fine in Unity

Thread Information