STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    Ulisses allows some of the illustrations to be used by fans under specific circumstances. The actual terms seem to be fairly confusing though.
    That is for publishing in their community content Scriptorium. Some info here: https://www.ulisses-us.com/introduci...ium-aventuris/

I was excited when I first saw this, as I thought it would allow us to create community content for Fantasy Grounds with some actual rule content. But, alas I don't think so, according to the Terms of Use: https://www.ulisses-us.com/wp-conten...rms-of-Use.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Terms of Use
    Permitted Media
    This Community Content Agreement license grants you permission to create role-playing supplements, game world expansions, adventures, literature, reference cards, maps, and illustrations for The Dark Eye, only for publication on the SCRIPTORIUM AVENTURIS. This license specifically prohibits the making of video and audio productions, as well as digital games.
    "Video games" usually includes VTTs as well. I had thought to reach out to them to ask, but never got round to it.

There are some products on the Scriptoirum here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/...nturis-English
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I might just write to them at the weekend and ask them specifically if I can share the theme here. I am not that fussed either way.
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    I might just write to them at the weekend and ask them specifically if I can share the theme here.
    Cool. Please let us know how you get on.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That is for publishing in their community content Scriptorium. Some info here: https://www.ulisses-us.com/introduci...ium-aventuris/
    True concerning the illustrations bundle. To make matter even more confusing however, there are additionally also Fan Guidelines (which probably don't help either in this case - and seem to be in German only) as well as a simple Fan and Map Bundle (with its own rules - generally the most permitting rules - concerning usage, technically for the 4th edition of TDE, also seems to be in German only).

I agree though, simply asking them is definitely the best solution. Good luck.

I got the following response back from Eric at Ulisses North America regarding sharing the Dark Eye theme:

These elements are available as part of the Scriptorium packages in DriveThruRPG, so we do allow fan content using them. This is a little different, since it is not being shared through the Scriptorium itself, but as long as you keep it free it should be fine. For now, please keep it just to the background design and the Dark Eye logo. Is there a place in such themes for credit text or bylines (maybe at the bottom of the character sheet)? If so, I would appreciate it if you could add the following line:

"The Dark Eye" and The Dark Eye logo are registered trademarks of Ulisses North America, used with permission

Thanks!

Eric Simon
    Ulisses North America

I am really pleased that they are allowing the sharing of the theme with the community here. This is an indication of a great games company.

I will upload the theme to the original post.

I feel Eric is one man army. Quite happy about his response as usual
    And the Ruleset is great, too bad I can’t find anyone to play this system.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

@Skellan: Great it worked out.

@Valyar: You might want to look here.

I think for example Dayson is trying to organize games.

Shoutout to your Dark Eye Theme! Plus free Dark Eye core book and 2 solo adventures.
    https://www.ulisses-us.com/stay-home...-the-dark-eye/

Wow that's great. This is a fabulous setting and they are a great company.

Quote Originally Posted by Skellan View Post
    Wow that's great. This is a fabulous setting and they are a great company.
    They are indeed.

In case anyone fancies running a game in the current climate: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...on-Days-gaming!

Thread Information