Starfinder Playlist

Unable to Take Screen shots in Steam

Hey,

Kind of a weird one. When FG first got released on steam, it had issues with the steam overlay, so in order to use FG, you had to turn off the steam overlay. Now years later, I go to re activate the overlay and nothing happens, and secondly (And I am assuming) I can not take the Steam "F12" screen shot, which stops me from uploading screenshots related to Fantasy Grounds on Steam.

Other then the option to allow the use of the overlay on steam itself, is there another option or button I need to activate somewhere in Fantasy Grounds to get this to work now?

Thanks

JCL

F12 is used by the FG client for the hot keys, so I'm guessing that it might be captured.

For screen shots, you can use the PrintScreen key to save a PNG of your FG desktop to the FG data directory. Perhaps you can just upload those to Steam?

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks Moon wizard.

But it appears Steam will not allow me to manual upload screenshots, as Fantasy Grounds in Steam is not showing as a "game" choice option. I know it can be done, as I see loads of other screen shots..

I am missing something, just cant find it..

I can upload screenshots as artwork though... but its not the same process.. But I still cant even get the Steam Overlay to show up on it like I did back in the beginning.
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; May 18th, 2018 at 19:32.

No idea. Maybe some of the other Steam users have ideas?

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Have you tried going into Steam settings and changing the keybinding for screenshots?
    Ultimate License Holder

It weird, I even uninstalled FG and reinstalled it and it acts no different.

I even tried changing the buttons for the screen shot mode and that makes no difference either. Turned the overlay on and off and back again, and no change. Very odd..

I did not buy FG via Steam but I added it as a non-Steam game to my Steam library.
    I then set the screenshot shortcut to be SHIFT-CTRL-TAB.
    I then do that shortcut and it does a screenshot.
    I then went to the steam app on my PC, clicked View then Screenshots and I was able to upload an image.
    I uploaded one here
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/...10409260001249

The overlay is a little slow showing and disappearing, though. I use SHIFT-TAB to show it.

Thread Information