DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hiding Edges, Hindrances, etc?

Is there a way to hide edges, hindrances, items, etc if you don't want your players to able to take them?
    Last edited by sirkerry; May 17th, 2018 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by sirkerry View Post
    Is there a way to hide edges, hindrances, items, etc if you don't what your players to able to take them?
    Assuming these are in library modules, then don't share the library modules with them? Put a red X against the module in the module activation window.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...e_Availability
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Or, you know, have an Adult Conversation™ with your players and tell them which Edges and Hindrances you are disallowing in your game; or which ones the setting you're using disallows by default.

You could use @Trenloe's MOTD extension and jot that info there, too, so your players see it every time they connect.

Unsharing entire modules also means you're preventing the players from getting other stuff from those modules that maybe you are allowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Assuming these are in library modules, then don't share the library modules with them? Put a red X against the module in the module activation window.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...e_Availability
    Unfortunately there are Edges and the like in these library modules that I want the players to have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Or, you know, have an Adult Conversation™ with your players and tell them which Edges and Hindrances you are disallowing in your game; or which ones the setting you're using disallows by default.

You could use @Trenloe's MOTD extension and jot that info there, too, so your players see it every time they connect.

Unsharing entire modules also means you're preventing the players from getting other stuff from those modules that maybe you are allowing.
    Ah, the old Adult Converstation™. Hmm, that MOTD extension looks like it has potential, thanks.

Unfortunately there are Edges and the like in these library modules that I want the players to have access to.
    Create your own module? Drag all of the data (edges, hindrances, etc.) you want to use into the campaign data (Drag/drop to make a copy) and then export your campaign data into a module. Only share this custom module with your players.

I'd recommend doing this in a "Module Making" campaign, not your gaming campaign - so you can go back and adjust what is available and export into an updated module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Create your own module? Drag all of the data (edges, hindrances, etc.) you want to use into the campaign data (Drag/drop to make a copy) and then export your campaign data into a module. Only share this custom module with your players.

I'd recommend doing this in a "Module Making" campaign, not your gaming campaign - so you can go back and adjust what is available and export into an updated module.
    Ah, I was wondering about doing something like that. So it's doable, but not easily.

Blog Entries
    The catch with doing that, is that, just like above, there's a whole lot more in these modules than just edges and hindrances: items, arcane backgrounds, powers, etc.

You'd end up dragging damn near everything into a custom module just to eliminate a few edges and hindrances? Awful lot of work when the aforementioned Adult Conversation™ could resolve it with zero work.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    ...the aforementioned Adult Conversation™ could resolve it with zero work.
    It depends on how much work you have to go through to have an Adult Conversation with your players. And if they can remember what you told them previously...

Ah, I was wondering about doing something like that. So it's doable, but not easily.
    Depends what you mean by "easily" and how much data you need to move over. It's a repetitive task, that's the not-easy part - drag/drop, drag/drop, drag/drop - but it doesn't take too long to do it. And once you have it in a Module Making campaign you can adjust as necessary in future, without having to do it all again.

Thread Information