FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Future Feature updates

Afternoon All,

In this thread can we talk about which 'features' from 1E you'd like to see added (data/tables/rules). That way, I know what users want to see next etc rather than my own thoughts (for my players/games).

Please note that at this time I can start to add the data for Starships, but not build the 'Ship Page' or the CT for 'Starships'.

Anything listed that also works for 2E would be great.

Going forward, I plan to update the ruleset etc at least ONCE per month for the moment (until it's out of Early Release).

v1.0.6. - World Data, you can enter your own world data

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

This is just cosmetic one - X, ? Buttons and the bars visible in Images to be converted to the red/black/white color theme, as the default CoreRPG pops out too much and feels out of place.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    This is just cosmetic one - X, ? Buttons and the bars visible in Images to be converted to the red/black/white color theme, as the default CoreRPG pops out too much and feels out of place.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this onto the chap (Damned) who's provided the theme.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for all the hard work MBM. I have been following the development thread for over a year. Its very exciting to finally try it out.

It would be helpful to have non-bell curve tables available beyond 6 rows. A d66 table would be great in keeping with Traveller tradition, but even d100 would be great if that is easier to implement.

Some of these may already have been brought up in a previous post. Just leaving here for keeping it in one place.
    Huge thanks for the ruleset and it is very nice currently.

-Breakdown of NPC types (Patron, NPC, Animal, Drones/Robots). Side note, still unable to drag and drop Weapons onto NPC sheet for it to populate with the item (At least currently with my tests)
    -Ships. I know it's in the works and happy to use Craft as a work around.
    -D66 Tables (I've seen this operational with MoreCore). Been using the workaround of nested tables.
    -Expand items to have areas for enhancements or options to be added to boost the item (Battle Dress options for example). I have been just adding links to the enhancements in the description box. Maybe a listbox for any augmentations/options.
    -Secondary sort by subtype in the items menu if possible.
    -Ability to add Craft, and in the future Ships, to Encounters for space battles to set up ahead of time.
    -Custom Careers for custom created ones to be exported (can add them by hand with xml editing) and maybe expanded to drag and drop to the sheet (Huge amount of automation, but this is a wishlist)

On note of custom content, a lot of the fields are not editable when creating custom and additional content. I believe Aliens and Careers are the only areas where custom content is not available in game. Been adding it through XML by hand for my Modules.

This is in no way criticism. Huge props for what is already made and keep up the good work.

I had not thought about using nested tables. That should work fine.

I was looking at your world window(UPP) on your twitter page. I would suggest adding in an alignment field(its probably too complicated to describe what all the alignment codes are though). With all the worlds in Traveller, especially in a border sector like the Spinward Marches, keeping track of what great and glorious empire owns what world is important.
    Chumbly

PS you might want to add in a tab.. to allow linking to world maps and the appropriate hex on a subsector map
    Last edited by chumbly; May 18th, 2018 at 11:57.

Also dying to know how you are planning on handling sectors and subsectors. Is it just going to be a library reference topic with a link to a map image?
    Chumbly
    Last edited by chumbly; May 18th, 2018 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Some of these may already have been brought up in a previous post. Just leaving here for keeping it in one place.
    Huge thanks for the ruleset and it is very nice currently.

-Breakdown of NPC types (Patron, NPC, Animal, Drones/Robots). Side note, still unable to drag and drop Weapons onto NPC sheet for it to populate with the item (At least currently with my tests)
    -Ships. I know it's in the works and happy to use Craft as a work around.
    -D66 Tables (I've seen this operational with MoreCore). Been using the workaround of nested tables.
    -Expand items to have areas for enhancements or options to be added to boost the item (Battle Dress options for example). I have been just adding links to the enhancements in the description box. Maybe a listbox for any augmentations/options.
    -Secondary sort by subtype in the items menu if possible.
    -Ability to add Craft, and in the future Ships, to Encounters for space battles to set up ahead of time.
    -Custom Careers for custom created ones to be exported (can add them by hand with xml editing) and maybe expanded to drag and drop to the sheet (Huge amount of automation, but this is a wishlist)

On note of custom content, a lot of the fields are not editable when creating custom and additional content. I believe Aliens and Careers are the only areas where custom content is not available in game. Been adding it through XML by hand for my Modules.

This is in no way criticism. Huge props for what is already made and keep up the good work.
    Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in responding, my Desktop Windows decided yesterday to die, it's W10 I think HyperX did it in (for Docker). So been installing FG on my Ubuntu Laptop just to get dev back underway.

Anyway let's go through your list....

NPC - will add NPC type 'Patron, NPC, Creature/Animal'.
    To add weapons, click add, then drag the weapon across.
    D66 - IF you think it's needed as a mechanic (ie like D100) (not sure a mechanic will work in the Tables - might) then let me know. You can simply rebuild the D66 as a D36, or build it as a D66 and make sure 17-20 etc all re-roll.
    Expand Items - Great idea, will defo do that.
    Sort by item sub-type - Good thinking, will do that, should be easy enough for 1.0.6.
    CT for Craft/Ships - Soon as FG supports it (it's being done for Starfinder) I'll look into making it happen for Traveller.
    Careers - Custom & Drag and Drop - I can do this, it's already on my list, the full Drag and Drop I'm not sure is possible, but let me draw the user journey for it, and create the various stories.

I'm away this weekend, got a good friends birthday bash so travelling down, drinking, staying in a hotel coming home, and then sorting out development on this laptop.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by chumbly View Post
    I was looking at your world window(UPP) on your twitter page. I would suggest adding in an alignment field(its probably too complicated to describe what all the alignment codes are though). With all the worlds in Traveller, especially in a border sector like the Spinward Marches, keeping track of what great and glorious empire owns what world is important.
    Chumbly

PS you might want to add in a tab.. to allow linking to world maps and the appropriate hex on a subsector map
    At the moment I'm sticking to World Data as mentioned in the Rulebook only. If I've missed anything though useful I'll be sure to add in, so an Alignment would be a text string if that's ok.

You can drag the World onto a sub-sector map, and the pin appears, I'll check this in 1.0.6. But you should be able to drag the subsector image onto the notes tab. I'll also check this.

Now thinking about sector/subsector. I could add these are linkable fields for images, at worst text fields.

So some good suggestions, keep thinking, the more we add the better things will be.

Thanks,
    MBM

Thread Information