5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jozie
    I say let them talk in private. The more they plan together the better. It should be players vs the DM. It is more important that the DM understand it is not DM vs player.
    It should not be players vs the DM or DM vs the players. At any time a DM can kill off a party or select players regardless of what the party does. So if it was DM vs player or players vs DM the DM would always win. The DM is a moderator of a story and an enforcer of the rules and should always be neutral. The player characters should not think that they are fighting against the DM, but against the creatures and storyline. Any good DM would not use the players plot/plans against them. Anyone that thinks it should be players vs the DM might be better off sticking to board games.

While, it is not really important to me that I be able to monitor player plans and their whispers - I do agree with richvalle that sometimes knowing what players are planning can help speed the flow of the game, because while they make whatever plans they are making I can take a second to think about what the results might be. That way when they do whatever, I don't have to stop and think about it.

Despite this, I know some players prefer non monitored communications and it just doesn't matter much to me. I am much more concerned about the issue of more whisper messages running through the DM chat window causing me to miss other stuff.

The chat window can get crowded and scroll pretty quick - and this from a game that uses voice.

Thread Information