Starfinder Playlist

FGU updater does not have permission

trying to install unity on some of my other computers. my ultimate copy works fine on my main system. im trying to install some demo versions on 3 other systems that friends can use while we play. i own the other computers. i am the administrator. i download the demo version. i install it. it says will run updater. i say ok. it comes up and says the updater does not have write permission to the app or data directory.

i just created the directory. as i always do.

i have done this several times now. deleted completely and retried. im sure that someone out there has had the same issue or a guru can tell me where im going wrong.

thanks in advance.

i just did the same process on one of my other computers and it worked fine. what gives?

i restarted that system. i am, the admin of that system. sooo. i dunno.

Edit: ok. i have completely uninstalled it. deleted the folder manually. its completely gone. ( far as i know ) even deleted the download link.

went to fg.com got the link again.. clicked the webinstall for fgu. it creates the folder. then. it says that dont have permission to write in the app or directory. i click on the tab and it shows the correct app folder. but it also shows a data folder that is not on my system. i have a C and D drive on that system. two hard drives. now, i used to have a third portable one. F. and, i had FGU installed there at one point. i no longer have that drive and as i said. i have uninstalled FGU. when i click the button. it shows correct app folder. D:/FGU the data folder says F drive still and i think that that is the problem. of course it doesnt have permission to write on that folder as its non existent. i change it to D:\FGU/Data but it will not save. i try to log in and it says success but it will not let me move forward.

any ideas how to get rid of that F drive stuff? i mean. i uninstalled it. deleted the folders. i dont know. at a loss.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Kordin; May 30th, 2020 at 23:50.

i plugged up another HD to that system. made it an F drive. created the folder that the updater was looking for and since it could now find that folder, i could change it. so. its installing now. however. on all both desktops and two other laptops, it is installed under D:FGU and the data is D:FGU\Data this one wont allow it.
    i mean its working. i think. so there is that.. it just does not make sense to me.

I didn't read everything now here, but have you seen this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ssions-Changes ?

Basically "user" needs all writing permisions on the FGU folder

my issue has been resolved but i thank you much for the info and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordin View Post
    my issue has been resolved but i thank you much for the info and assistance.
    Ah oki, good

Thread Information