DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Possible bug with 4.6 and super powers companion 2 add on

I guess this could be a question about the game system itself combined with Fantasy Grounds implementation of it. I noticed in reading the rules that super powers are often linked to a skill or attribute. For example a ranged attack uses shooting and the mind reading power uses a contested test using smarts of the reader vs smarts of the read. This would indicate to me that the power itself has no skill die associated with it, rather it is linked to the attribute or skill governing that power.

If this is the case why does Fantasy Grounds have the unskilled die roll with all listed powers on the powers tab? Is this just a quirk or oversight? I notice that even when I go in on the powers tab and change the power type that the skill die does not change. My workaround is to just place it on the attacks tab and choose the proper attack type. It works great then. Am I missing something with this in the rules or in Fantasy Grounds implementation or have a I found a minor bug? As far as I can tell the skill rolls on the powers tab can't be changed at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epT_4rmXPJ4&t=66s about the 8 minute mark, I should show you how you remove the need for a die for super powers that are not linked to a skill.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epT_4rmXPJ4&t=66s about the 8 minute mark, I should show you how you remove the need for a die for super powers that are not linked to a skill.
    I watched both videos and although they were helpful in other areas I did not see a solution to my issue. Another question, how do I get rid of boost markers? I have two green upward pointing arrows now by my unskilled roll when I was trying to fix my own issue.

If you Right-click and hit Boot/lower trait, you should be able to bring it to the normal trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchan5 View Post
    If you Right-click and hit Boot/lower trait, you should be able to bring it to the normal trait.
    I had tried that but it wouldn't work on the unskilled button. I had to go in and change the xml in the character file. It's gone now. If I try to change the die on the powers tab all of the die change. I can't change them individually. I think this is because they are linked to the arcane background just above the power list.

I will say this is a pretty minor glitch. The supers module for Savage Worlds is awesome to use. Its just that I am kind of a stickler and the fact that I can't control my powers tab bugs me a little.

It is probably better to do the BOOST through effects on the Combat Tracker than modifying the Character Sheet.

That is how I do it, and I have never had any issues.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyghtmare View Post
    It is probably better to do the BOOST through effects on the Combat Tracker than modifying the Character Sheet.

That is how I do it, and I have never had any issues.
    That is how I will do it in the future. Thanks for the tip.

Savage Worlds programmers,

Looking into this I have discovered that the die on the powers tab are connected to the arcane skill on the skills tab. If you have d12 in psionics on the skills tab then all psionic powers on the powers tab will have d12. This does not work for super powers since there is no super powers skill and each super power that has a test uses an attribute to test from. The only solution that I know of would be either to allow us to somehow fiddle with the super powers within the framework of the interface by say unlocking the locked powers or by going into a generic character xml and altering the code so that the powers would connect to a skill you create. Doe this sound right?

Again, I love the module and am probably going to get the sci fi one soon but its just when I see something like this I try to find the solution if it is within my grasp.

Could I just create a super power from scratch within the program and tell it to link to a skill I create?
    Last edited by kevdog45; May 10th, 2018 at 18:15.

There is a blank option within the dropdown on the POWERS tab, but when selected you cannot add any powers to it — more specifically, any powers that you add will not show up if that is blank, but will reappear if you select any other option.

If this didn't function in that way, then it would be a perfect solution to this — just select the blank option and set up each die individually.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

You can do what you are looking for with "Set Trait" feature that was included in v4.6 release. If you open power's attsck info sheet and right click on type you can select "Set Trait" option which allows you to link any attribute or skill to the power.

Doswelk has demonstrated this in one of his v4.6 videos.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information