5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupre
    Worry not. 1.06 isn't vaporware or anything like it. It includes things we didn't originally plan to, but were forced to put those in now to avoid breaking the XML schema again later on.
    I'm a little concerned about the 'again' in that statement. How will changes to the XML schema in 1.06 affect campaigns and modules based on the current release?

Spyke

Quote Originally Posted by Spyke
    I'm a little concerned about the 'again' in that statement. How will changes to the XML schema in 1.06 affect campaigns and modules based on the current release?

Spyke
    THAT is a very good question! Since I'm not DM'ing, my guess is any impacts would be minimal for me but my DM works awfully hard already!

And by the way, I love the software right now and do appreciate the update. When 1.06 gets done, it gets done. I'm not worried about it, just enjoying the game I'm playin'.

Mike
    Wanna Play? playing Wanna DM? maybe sometime... Best day to play? Flexible Best time to play? Evenings Time Zone: GMT -4 (EDT)

Quote Originally Posted by BaldMike
    THAT is a very good question! Since I'm not DM'ing, my guess is any impacts would be minimal for me but my DM works awfully hard already!

And by the way, I love the software right now and do appreciate the update. When 1.06 gets done, it gets done. I'm not worried about it, just enjoying the game I'm playin'.

Mike
    You know, thats the way I feel about it too. The software is good enough that I'm able to run a game every week. While I look forward to the new features (and I'm sure I'll wonder how we ever lived without them once they are in) I don't NEED them right now.

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    You know, thats the way I feel about it too. The software is good enough that I'm able to run a game every week. While I look forward to the new features (and I'm sure I'll wonder how we ever lived without them once they are in) I don't NEED them right now.

rv
    Alas, while the product is indeed good as it is. There are some gaming systems that become a bit more cumbersome when you can not easily put dicerolls and the like to handle behind the scenes. I for one is truly looking forward to the new scripting systems. If nothing else so for handling OOD (oodeles of Dice) happenings. And it would be VERY nice to have a /calc function as well if we are ever to run Phoenix command.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Change = Growth Pains

I agree with you that changing the underlying XML is a pain, you have to understand that you often cant get improvement without change.

It sounds like the Devs are respectful of any changes they have to make (that is a very good thing) but they have to fix and improve the game. As good as it is, FG has some notable holes.

To reduce any alarm over incompatabilities, hold off on implementing major patch revisions for some discovery time by other players. I bet you'll hear about any problems, and workarounds inside of the first month.

It is impossible to please everyone with programming especially if you have to keep everything the same while doing it.

Sigurd

Phoenix Command, cool system. Never met anyone else who played it, though.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Quote Originally Posted by heruca
    Phoenix Command, cool system. Never met anyone else who played it, though.

It was a bit of a PITA to play the times I have run it, but on a computer where calculations can be made QUITE a bit easier than in the head, it should be really nice.

Admittedly, I'd prefer to run with Neotech set in modern day for realism/speed factor even if neotech is kinda bogged down by oodles of dice and dice-splitting. Not too fond of too many tables.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thread Information