Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Would probably be lots of people willing to do it for free.

Worry not. 1.06 isn't vaporware or anything like it. It includes things we didn't originally plan to, but were forced to put those in now to avoid breaking the XML schema again later on.
    Ville Leino
    Fantasy Grounds
    Funny, no response!

Always consider the Schema!

Now that makes sense!

Any chance we could get someone to post that sort of message in the 'City Hall' section now and then. Everybody supports you making that sort of judgement call, nobody wants an empty or burdensome patch. Silence however is very hard to get behind or promote.

Sigurd

But... Modern software companies teaches us to avoid thinking of the future... why prevent a break now that you can fix later at twice the annoyance?
    - Paradoxic

Quote Originally Posted by Dupre
    Worry not. 1.06 isn't vaporware or anything like it. It includes things we didn't originally plan to, but were forced to put those in now to avoid breaking the XML schema again later on.
    Thanks for the update. After all the worrying, I'm surprised more people haven't thanked you as well.
    This space for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfStar76
    After all the worrying, I'm surprised more people haven't thanked you as well.
    Thanks Dupre. Oh ye of little faith... I must admit I wasn't really worried about 1.06 being vaporware in the first place but I couldn't let Wolf think I was inpolite.

Patches are often late, and more triteness (but often true), the last 90% of the patch is the often the toughest for the developers to get done and 1.06 is a major patch; enough so, I'm surprised they didn't call it 1.1.

Why are patches late? Because they are mostly a "to do" list. On a non patch project if things get too late you cut features to shorten the development time. On a patch, if you really want to do everything on the list, then you just keep chugging until you hit the end of the list.

Heh, I think he meant the last 10%.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

Well considering the first 10% is normaly figuring out what you want the patch to add... then Yes I do say the last 90% is the hardest part... that would be the acual programing.

Not to engage in curmudgeonry, and certainly I appreciate Dupre taking the time to respond, but we don't actually know anything more than we did before his response. Is it possible to give us an estimate on when to expect the larger-than-originally-planned 1.06?

Thanks!
    -Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by heruca
    Heh, I think he meant the last 10%.
    Oopsy - Yeah like Heruca said - that last 10% that sometimes just refuses to go out the fricken door.

Thread Information