DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    I doublechecked yesterday right before the test adventure run on Fantasy Grounds College, re-d/led the extensions "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" and the theme extension, the "TDE Skeleton Module" and the character XML file. Created a new campaign, loading only the TDE extensions, and got the same missing banner texts. Xhel who DMed the session yestereve had no such issues - her table looked OK on my screen as well. Only other thing I noticed: The buttons top right were a bit different, I got a button for mood lighting, that button was missing on her table, and probably for that reasons the order of the lower two rows of buttons was different.
    Would be great to know whether I have to activate another extension to read the banners as well

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I doublechecked yesterday right before the test adventure run on Fantasy Grounds College, re-d/led the extensions "MoreCore - The Dark Eye" and the theme extension, the "TDE Skeleton Module" and the character XML file. Created a new campaign, loading only the TDE extensions, and got the same missing banner texts. Xhel who DMed the session yestereve had no such issues - her table looked OK on my screen as well. Only other thing I noticed: The buttons top right were a bit different, I got a button for mood lighting, that button was missing on her table, and probably for that reasons the order of the lower two rows of buttons was different.
    Would be great to know whether I have to activate another extension to read the banners as well
    What version of MoreCore are you running? After loading up your campaign, scroll to the top of the chat window and get the version number (immediately below the MoreCore banner right at the top).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What version of MoreCore are you running? After loading up your campaign, scroll to the top of the chat window and get the version number (immediately below the MoreCore banner right at the top).
    The chart window says "MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.51 20190428)." I'll try d/ling the newest version.

EDit: Yes, that was it! Thank you very much
    Last edited by Roach; April 20th, 2020 at 14:52.

OK, what you have is correct. There was some concern that pain didn't apply to at/do/pa, but that's not the case so conditions top out at -5 but an overall modifier can go higher with other penalties.

Thanks for the quick update!

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    OK, what you have is correct. There was some concern that pain didn't apply to at/do/pa, but that's not the case so conditions top out at -5 but an overall modifier can go higher with other penalties.
    Cool - thanks for looking into that.

Thanks for the quick update!
    No worries at all!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We ran into a bit of a problem. One of the uses of the Treat Wounds skill is to reduce the amount of pain a character feels for a while, until the next regeneration phase. We couldn't figure out how to do that with an effect, but perhaps there is.

What we ended up adding a modifier for each roll, which is not great. We need an ongoing effect preferably.

Do you have a suggestion on what to do?

We ran into a bit of a problem. One of the uses of the Treat Wounds skill is to reduce the amount of pain a character feels for a while, until the next regeneration phase. We couldn't figure out how to do that with an effect, but perhaps there is.

What we ended up adding a modifier for each roll, which is not great. We need an ongoing effect preferably.

Do you have a suggestion on what to do?
    If you load the module from post #1 it will populate the effects window (button on the top right of the desktop) with example effects. It shows the various PAIN levels.

To offset the auto pain you can offset it using a positive PAIN effect, say one level using PAIN: 1 to reduce the auto pain one level. The ruleset will only apply a total negative penalty - if you have no auto pain then PAIN: 1 won't result in a positive total adjustment.

The PAIN effect has a numerical value that, if negative, get applied to combat and skill checks. So, as in the data module in post #1, PAIN: -2 is two levels of pain. However, you can include PAIN effects with a positive value they will offset other pain effects and any auto pain calculations.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 27th, 2020 at 09:42. Reason: Added some more info

First of all thanks for your work on this ruleset. Is there any "easy" way to translate this into...german ? I would be up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmauch View Post
    First of all thanks for your work on this ruleset. Is there any "easy" way to translate this into...german ? I would be up to it.
    Isn't there a DSA FG ruleset in German out there already?

There is/was a ruleset over at Drachenzwinge but it seems to be abandoned for now. As your work is pretty recent and your reputation flawless I have high hopes

Thread Information