Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmauch View Post
    As your work is pretty recent and your reputation flawless I have high hopes
    Oooh, you flatterer!

In both MoreCore and the extensions there's a "strings" directory that contains XML files which allow for translation. I didn't do much for the TDE extension (I was more lazy back then) so there may be some hard coded strings within the ruleset that would need to be extracted and converted - especially around check results.

Some things that are hard coded and would be harder to change are the effects.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Oooh, you flatterer!

In both MoreCore and the extensions there's a "strings" directory that contains XML files which allow for translation. I didn't do much for the TDE extension (I was more lazy back then) so there may be some hard coded strings within the ruleset that would need to be extracted and converted - especially around check results.

Some things that are hard coded and would be harder to change are the effects.
    That string xml is pretty meager, but o.k. I wonŽt go into the code because future updates would be difficult. So IŽll just stick to the english version.

Thanks for your hard work.

I'll try to do some extraction of phrases into the strings resource. Don't know when I'll be able to get to it though.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cool, IŽll watch this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmauch View Post
    Cool, IŽll watch this thread.
    Hi! Sorry it's taken so long.

Attached is an extension with some string resources added for the attack/parry roll. You'll see 18 more string resources. These are all used in scripts\manager_custom_dsaatt.lua - with the Interface.getString("<string resource name>") command used to insert the relevant string. You can see all of these examples in this script.

I'm sorry I don't have time to do the other action scripts, but this should be a good example of how you can do this - and can probably re-use a lot of the generic result strings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Should we use this new morecore extension instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Hi! Sorry it's taken so long.

Attached is an extension with some string resources added for the attack/parry roll. You'll see 18 more string resources. These are all used in scripts\manager_custom_dsaatt.lua - with the Interface.getString("<string resource name>") command used to insert the relevant string. You can see all of these examples in this script.

I'm sorry I don't have time to do the other action scripts, but this should be a good example of how you can do this - and can probably re-use a lot of the generic result strings.
    Hi Trenloe,

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but a big The Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge fan. Should we replace the old morecore extention with this new one you are providing?

If so, would we loose stuff we entered in our campaign?

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Janik B View Post
    Hi Trenloe,

I am new to Fantasy Grounds, but a big The Dark Eye/Das Schwarze Auge fan. Should we replace the old morecore extention with this new one you are providing?

If so, would we loose stuff we entered in our campaign?

Thanks a lot!
    Sorry for not replying earlier. The extension I updated is just to provide some things that help a little with translation of roll messages in the chat window. It was an example for attack/parry rolls and not complete across the board. You can use it if you want, but it won’t give you anything new over the "normal" extension. Swapping extensions doesn’t cause any data to be lost.

Thank you for your great work.

I was not aware that v0.4 would run with Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    But with Morecore Ruleset Version 1.59.20200630 it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Onzlow View Post
    Thank you for your great work.

I was not aware that v0.4 would run with Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    But with Morecore Ruleset Version 1.59.20200630 it works.
    Thanks for testing.

Welcome to the FG forums!

Hi Trenloe. Do you have a list of all /dsa.... strings?
    Do we have PRO (Protection) this will be subtracted from the damage (armour)
    Cheers, Dan

Thread Information