Starfinder Playlist

Effect Coding Help

Im trying to code an effect for a Captains Taunt and having an issue with the variable duration (always coming across as 1 round, but should be 1d4 rounds. I'm using "Captain Taunt; [SKILL: -2;] for [1d4 rnds]" ...where is my mistake?
    Last edited by Talen; May 6th, 2018 at 06:17.

I don’t think you can set a variable duration. The d4 bit of your 1d4 will get ignored hence why it comes up 1.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You can set a variable duration, but it must be done in the magnifying glass section of the effect. See the below example. I tested it a few time, and it appears to work (rolled 4 the first time, 2 the second, 1 the third).

Captain's Taunt.PNG

Let me know if that doesn't work for you. And the star ship effects are still in the pipeline, I just haven't had time to complete them. Should be out soontm.
    Last edited by Blahness98; May 6th, 2018 at 14:56.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I knew I could do it in the character sheet - but was hoping to do a global effect while waiting for the full ruleset support. Thanks for both of your help.

Russ hasn't gotten the chance to work the effects as of yet. I believe that it is in his plans to do.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

If I wanted to code an effect for an envoy's Expertise die, how would I code that? I just need to add 1d6 to the next roll
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

It is pretty simple, but the effect would be different depending on the level and the skills chosen for Expertise. Use the base effect: Expertise; SKILL: 1d6, sense motive and just add the skills separated by a comma as you add more skills to expertise. When you gain fifth level, the effect would be: Expertise; SKILL: 1d6+1, sense motive, (additional skills here)

Otherwise see this post for more effects.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Thread Information