• It's cool.

22 68.75%
  • Eh, whatever.

2 6.25%
  • It sucks!

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    I did not know I could do that....thanks for the tip
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Thanks. I'll fix the spell slots. It's on the do-to list.

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Would there be a way to add something to this sheet for Mounts/Familiars/Cohorts?
    I thought about that too, but I didn't have time to put it together. For now there is a big text box on the Biography sheet for companions.

Adding a sheet for Mounts/Familiars/Cohorts presents some problems. It needs to work for all those types of companions, and it's possible to have multiple companions. A sheet like that could get complicated very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_h
    Is there a way to make it so you can have one mini sheet open, but 'scroll' through it to see each player? I hate having three mini sheets open for my PC's....it'd be nice to have one with arrows at the top to move to the next PC, or back to the previous...
    As far as I can tell each character sheet is isolated from every other sheet. There is no way that I know of to hop from one sheet to the other.

We get scripting in the next FG release, so maybe we can start doing this kind of manipulation with scripting. It's a great idea.

For now Kal's solution is very good: Drag each mini-sheet button to the QB.

I think that if this had just one sheet for a animal companion or familiar that characters start with I would love and use this sheet but it doesn't need to be an endless sheet for every possible cohort would be unnecessary and uncalled for. Just so characters can have a place to put their familiar is my biggest concern.
    See you around the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith
    I think that if this had just one sheet for a animal companion or familiar that characters start with I would love and use this sheet but it doesn't need to be an endless sheet for every possible cohort would be unnecessary and uncalled for. Just so characters can have a place to put their familiar is my biggest concern.
    I'll look into adding a "Companion" sheet. It should be detailed enough to hold all the information a stat block would have, and it could have its' own mini.

For now there is a section on the "Biography" page that will accept straight typing, so you can enter as much data as you want (it scrolls automatically if you run out of space), and space it out however you like.

I realize this isn't a very formal solution, but at least there is a space for that info.

https://www.zipri.com/data/screens/biography.jpg

Do you have the latest upgrade of you character sheet? I'ld like to take a look at it, if its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi
    Do you have the latest upgrade of you character sheet? I'ld like to take a look at it, if its ok.
    I have been logging suggestions, but I haven't made any changes to the original posting.

Would you be able to do something like this?

Consumables Sheet (Needs acrobat reader

Perhaps it could be put into the Items Tab.

Also, in the buffs page, there is this that is also cool:
    Character Conditions sheet (Needs acrobat)

For these sheets, a number control simular to the ones used in the NPC sheet would work out well.

If you needed help with the graphics portion of this, I could tip my hat in, if you would take care of the XML. Would be very cool indeed.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; May 15th, 2006 at 00:02.
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Would you be able to do something like this: Consumables Sheet. Perhaps it could be put into the Items Tab.

Also, in the buffs page, there is this that is also cool: Character Conditions sheet
    Quote edited for brevity.

Both of those are great sheets, if a bit complicated.

Buffs sheet is intended to track time on a buff (counting time time left or end-time). It does not track uses left however.

The Combat sheet can handle a lot of types of buffs (but not each specifically), and the Buffs sheet can handle durations as I mentioned above.

Your sheets are a great idea, but I'm also looking for ways to keep the data entry somewhat general so that the character sheet can be used in many types of ways.

I'll try to incoporate your sheets into my next revision where I can fit them, but please feel free to take any work I've done, and make it your own. Most of the XML "programming" is simply mapping the X Y pixel coordinates of entry fields. there are a few how-to guides in the forums as well.

Thread Information