FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverkin View Post
    I have 1 issue with putting my tokens onto pre - created maps I found online. The size of the token aren't going as small as I need them too. And when I zoom out the tokens show up way too big for the grid. Any thoughts on that? You guys have been great at helping me out!
    Size the tokens until they match the grid of the map, then right-click and use "lock token scale". This will lock the size of the token relative to the map and you should be able to zoom into the map.

I'm using 'mask' so the PC's dont see the gnolls until they enter that room. How exactly am I supposed to run battle/combat tracker with monsters in different rooms?
    Drop the tokens onto the combat tracker entry and drag the tokens to the map from the tracker. On the combat tracker, there is an eye "visibility" symbol on each line. Use this to show/hide the gnolls to the players on the tracker, rather than the "reveal all" option at the top.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    One additional question - first time running a small dungeon. If I was to have 4 gnolls in 1 room, and another couple gnolls in a different room. I added the 6 different gnolls onto combat tracker.

I'm using 'mask' so the PC's dont see the gnolls until they enter that room. How exactly am I supposed to run battle/combat tracker with monsters in different rooms?
    If you don't want the players to know about the additional gnolls, there is an option to "skip hidden actors" (or something similar). then the hidden gnolls will be skipped over and you will just have to move them while the players are doing something else.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have the CT pause at the end of the round (one of the options). I allow the players to re-roll their initiative during this point, and it's also the time I use to move "hidden" creatures.

I have 1 issue with putting my tokens onto pre - created maps I found online. The size of the token aren't going as small as I need them too. And when I zoom out the tokens show up way too big for the grid. Any thoughts on that?
    2 things here -

1) make sure your tokens are resized appropriately - if for a single grid square make the token a maximum of 100 x 100 pixels (if the token is square). Info on scaling the image in GIMP here: https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=282942&p=1888162

2) Not directly related, but something you should always be aware of. Use a maximum map/image resolution of 2048 x 2048 - resize if the image is larger than this. FG uses a lot of resources for large images, so keep them to this size or below.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I use paint.net. it's free and very easy to use.
    You are not a REAL gamer unless you know what THAC0 means.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    1) make sure your tokens are resized appropriately - if for a single grid square make the token a maximum of 100 x 100 pixels (if the token is square). Info on scaling the image in GIMP here: https://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=282942&p=1888162
    Faststone Photo Resizer is an easy resizing tool that will do batch processing of images based on a fixed size or percentage increase/decrease.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information