DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Opinion on computer firewalls

I would like some opinions on computer firewalls and anti hack modifiers..

To bypass a firewall the rules state normally to bypass is the computer hack dc +2. You can obtain anti hack counter measures up to 4 times . Each one is a +1 to the computers anti hack DC. My question is..

Can you stack the anti hack modifiers and the firewall modifier.. example a tier 1 computer has a hack dc of 17 and you buy one anti hack (+1) so the dc to actually hack the computer is 18..after you successfully hacked the computer(DC 18) now you find a firewall . Is the firewall DC 17 + (2 firewall modifier) or can it be 17 +(1 anti hack modifier) +(2 firewall modifier).

Thanx for any response.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

The wording for the firewall says "accessing the hidden module requires another successful Computers check, usually with a DC equal to the original DC + 2."

It all depends on how you view "original DC". I assume it includes the increase for the security module, as they "...(increase) the DC of the Computers check to hack the computer and gain access to it's modules." I take this to mean that the base computer DC is increased by the security module and this becomes the standard/original hack DC for the computer in general.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe .. that's how I see it too.. I just needed some clarifications.. as I'm going to code it that way into starship studio.. As the base dc becomes the original base plus the security module(s)

Well I look at it this way.

Its a FIREWALL just use a Fire extinguisher and call it just a WALL.

Then Crank up Pink Floyd and Tear Down the WALL

You In,,,,

Sorry You asked for Opinions.......
    Last edited by Samarex; May 2nd, 2018 at 13:53.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Samarex, well now you did it .. now alls I need to do is find the DC for that dang fire extinguisher .lol

Thread Information