DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    If I am understanding what you are after, you could just make a couple tables, one with the items to forage and one for the check.
    Like this I set the DC to 15, and it rolls on the forage table to know what was found.
    forage.PNG

I think the OP needs something more granular than that @hehaub. The roll needs to be a skill check which obviously has a bonus or minus depending on the abilities of the character and also the DC might also vary depending on the terrain. This means that there are enormous variations within any one party as to the expected results. Rolling on you table will give an exactly 1 in 4 chance every day of finding food which might be brutal. Changing the DC will still just give a flat percentage which isn't necessarily going to be what you want.

He's also playing in a specific environment in a specific campaign and he is using the details on that campaign for finding food. As he notes in one post this is an important part of the campaign that he and his players are enjoying.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Maybe you could do it as the 'one roll' thing but create a modified foraging table that gives you a wider range of results:

1-5 they find nothing
    6-9 they find enough to feed 1 or 2 people
    10-13 they find enough to feed half
    14-19 they find enough to feed entire party
    20 they find enough for two days

Or something along that lines?

Thread Information