FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help! Changes to Arcane Background code in new update?

Hi, I had made an extension previously that added a new Arcane background and had it loaded after any setting but with the new update I'm getting a "nil" value, when it loads... So any help would be useful.

I used this post to help me with my code.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ane+background

What is the exact error? It will also help if you include the extension code (a copy of the extension would be best).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

"Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:8: attempt to index global 'ArcanePropertyManager' (a nil value)"
    Attached Files Attached Files

When using v4.6 see the changelog note:

[Dev] ArcanePropertyManager refactored to ArcaneManager
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks, once I get home I'll redo it

Here's my DLR extension that adds all the extra arcane backgrounds, this is the contents of the .lua file

function onInit()
    ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType("Blessed", "indicator_faith", "power_faith", {skill = "Faith", powerpoints = "main"})
    ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType("Hexslinger", "indicator_magic", "power_magic", {skill = "Hexslinging", powerpoints = "main"})
    ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType("Metal Mage", "indicator_faith", "power_magic", {skill = "Thaumaturgical Diffusion", powerpoints = "main"})
    ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType("Voodooist", "indicator_faith", "power_faith", {skill = "Voodoo", powerpoints = "main"})
    end
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks I’ll check it out when I get home

Thanks everyone... it is fixed

I think the hellfrost setting has the same issue. I am not seeing the setting Arcane backgrounds listed now in the drop down box on the Powers tab of the character sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendell View Post
    I think the hellfrost setting has the same issue. I am not seeing the setting Arcane backgrounds listed now in the drop down box on the Powers tab of the character sheet.
    None of the Hellfrost arcane backgrounds are in the dropdown for me either... only the ones from the Core rules.
    Proud Ultimate License Holder
    Also have bought a lot of other 5E and other , incl. Savage Worlds, Mutants & Masterminds, and Pathfinder 2e
    Central Time Zone (living in the USA, although born on the eastern shores of Canada)
    Have Played All D&D Editions except for 3/3.5 (am familiar with those rules, tho)

Thread Information