Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fifth Edition Character Sheet app and character upload to FG?

Hi Everyone,
    Anyone know of a way to upload a character file to FG made in the Fifth Edition Character Sheet app for iOS/Android? It's a great, quick method of creating a character, and it will export an xml file, but how that might map to FG's character format for 5e I do not know. I tried uploading from Character Manager just to see if it might work, but no suck luck. Anyone know of a solution, or is anyone working on this? Thanks!

Hi BrianS welcome to FG.

You would need to write some kind of converter to convert the XML that exports from the phone into something FG would recognise. There's no such thing at the moment and it is doubtful that there would be in certainly the near future.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Oh Z, you underestimate me don't you.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

For reference, attached is a copy of a character file.

I do know someone was able to parse this into a pdf character sheet printer using this xml parser (whatever that means, I'm no programmer!).

The app seems to be pretty popular. Has someone using both FG and this app thought about a way to make this work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just purchased the app, give me a few days to get a proof-of-concept working.

Dave

Wow, thanks for looking into it!

I'll send out the project invoice later today.

Dave

Just took a look at the XML output, and it is, simply put, useless for FG purposes.

Dave

I've emailed the author. Doubtful anything fruitful will come of it.

Dave

Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping that might be a good solution, since it was such a nice easy character builder, especially for newbies. Thanks for looking into it though!

Thread Information