STAR TREK 2d20

Character creation first steps

Hello guys

So, now i got hands on Rolemaster Materials and i tried to make a first character via Fantasy Grounds.
    Really cool stuff in there , all game lores from books everywhere, but i encountered some problems, and I figured out there was some ways to solve this.

As in my previous post, i went to character creation panel, doubled click on new character and got this error message. Seems no biggie, I can carry on for now.

Frist steps that went very good : choosing profession - Ranger, Race - Human, name - Diana. Then i clicked on the auto rolling dices button, accepted the results and got all attributes filled.

Now skills. It is where i have many questions to keep going. I got to the skill panel, I opened the Primary skills chart, i dragged many skills to my characters.

Q1 - how to prioritize weapon skills cost ? on Diana character this will be for example this order : Bows, one Hand Slashing weapons, then others ...

I got to the developpement chart, showing that i have 36 primary Dev points to spend and 7 secondary dev points to spends. this leads to the important Q2.

Q2 - How to use them ? I can write 1 in the rank for 1HS-Long sword for example, but it seems not working . I get the OB going up, but the attributes bonus is not applied. Also i noticed in the combat panel ...
    Q3 - How to get weapons skills in the compat panel ? i found how to equip weapons, but not to build a weapon skill and spend point on any skills.

So i can not really move further on character creation as I am still puzzuling how to spend skills points in a way that automatically reduce my dev points pool.

Maybe you guys can redirect me to some video showing a character creation process from start to end .

Already thanking you for all welcomed helps

MERCURIAL

Blog Entries
    Once the weapon category skills are added to your sheet, unlock one and assign the cost. Call the category name Weapons - Missile or something to distinguish the general category of weapons from the specific type of weapon.

Do similar for the other 6 weapon categories.

You also have to assign what attributes should be applying bonuses for each weapon category. St/Ag/St or Ag/St/Ag IIRC is the right format.

There is a document somewhere that explains character creation IIRC.

Edit: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Documentation but I don't know if it is current. The Rolemaster ruleset has not seen much love in quite a long time IMO, which is unfortunate (and I am perilously close to going back to beating a dead horse here so I will defer to others).
    Last edited by JohnD; April 27th, 2018 at 16:22.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

There's a v1.5 version of the User Manual in the <FG app data>\docs directory.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi,

The simplest way is to do it like on paper, these means, that you are add a skill manually to the skill list and add the cost for the weapon cat. to it, please classify the skill, too.
    On the combat tab, you drop the weapon of choice, than you choose the skill name from the drop down list to link the skill bonus and the weapon.

Thread Information