FG Spreadshirt Swag

Disable scrolling for a formattedtextcontrol?

Is it possible to disable the default behaviour that allows the mouse scroller to scroll the data within a formattedtextcontrol?
    I have some text that fits nicely into my fixed-sized window and just want to prevent the user accidentally scrolling it up out of view...

Yes there is. I can't remember off the top of my head the exact text. If somebody doesn't answer you before I get home, I'll check and let you know.

I discovered a partial workaround:
    If you put a static graphic (fully transparent) over the top of the formattedtext contol then the mouse scroller won't work (its trying to scroll the graphic not the text)

However, while that helps it doesn't work if you have links in the formatted tex - you can't click on them (the mouse clicks are applied to the static static graphic too...)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    Yes there is. I can't remember off the top of my head the exact text. If somebody doesn't answer you before I get home, I'll check and let you know.
    Wow, I must be losing it. I thought for sure I had incorporated this into my character sheet. I don't know what I was thinking. Anyway, one of the first things I want to do in 1.06 is make it so that certain fields can be locked out by checking a box. If I get it working in 1.06 I'll post it here so everyone can take advantage of it.

Does the tag <noreset /> help?

Kalmarjan
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadwart
    Is it possible to disable the default behaviour that allows the mouse scroller to scroll the data within a formattedtextcontrol?
    I have some text that fits nicely into my fixed-sized window and just want to prevent the user accidentally scrolling it up out of view...
    Although you already have some kind of workaround, I just wish to inform that it is not possible as such (ie there is no hidden undocumented tag or other parameter to do this).

Thanks Ged. Thought that was probably the case but it's good to have official confirmation.

My workaround also relies on another effect and I'm not sure if its reliable:
    The order in which controls are defined in the xmlseems to affect their relative placement.
    e.g. I define a stringcontrol and a staticgraphic (both with the same bounds)
    If I define the staticgraphic first it appears in front of the string.
    If I define the stringcontrol first then the string appears in front of the graphic.
    Is this intentional behaviour? i.e. is it likely to change in future releases

Thread Information