DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Effect / Combat Tracker

2 questions:

1. My PC cast evil eye on my NPC. Initiating a -2 to saving throws to my NPC. I went into effects, then into custom effects. I looked on this url: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

Which is the correct way of setting up this custom effect? I think it's this: "SAVE:-2" Is there a way I can check/make sure I did it correctly?

1.1 He also cast Misfortune in another round. How do I setup a custom effect where he has to roll 2 D20's and take the worst roll?

---------------

2. My PC can't see the NPC/bad guys on his combat tracker. I can see his and my own so it's working on my side but the NPC isn't showing up.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Silverkin; April 24th, 2018 at 02:46.

Thanks man that worked.

Still unsure about misfortune though. And maybe evil eye. :/

Evil Eye would depend on what he is trying to do with it. First, I would create a cast action that targets the will save with the proper DC and then continue to make the effects.

Since Evil Eye can be in effect for 1 or multiple rounds, you'd have to create multiple effects. So, for example, if you were just concentrating on the saves portion of evil eye, you would have two effects. One would be if the baddie make the save and that would be Evil Eye; SAVE: -2 with a duration of 1. The other of the baddie fails the save and would be Evil Eye; SAVE: -2 with a duration of 3+Int mod.

You can go further with it and do the same for the other parts of Evil Eye (as the separate parts of Evil Eye stack) and have the AC: -2, ABIL: -2, ATK: -2, and SKILL: -2. Once again, you would have to set up two effects for each part as above.

The effects will not modify the actual sheets, but you will see a note in the attack chat line that says something similar to [DEF EFFECTS -2].

Also note, if your player has cackle, this makes the effects duration moot as he can cackle to keep the effect going. If he has that, he would have to leave the effect on without a duration and manually keep track of it.

For checking to see if it setup correctly, place the effect on the baddie and target the saves or whatever you debuffing. Look at the attack line in the chat window for [DEF EFFECTS -2]. If you see that, it is working correctly.

For Misfortune, there is not a way to automate the reroll on Pathfinder. If they could port the DISADV tag from 5e, it could do it, but right now, all the effect would be a reminder effect for the GM. My example would be Misfortune; Re-roll all Attack, Skill and Saves.
    Last edited by Blahness98; April 24th, 2018 at 14:00.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information