DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Having trouble with creating characters for castles and crusaders.

It seems the drag and drop features are broken for it. How would you manually create a character and level it up? Also how do you roll stats? is there a guide somewhere?

There are no "drag and drop" classes for Castles and Crusades. As far as I know, only the D&D 5E has full support for that, and Pathfinder has some limited support. I am working on that for C&C, but none of that code has been released yet. There are several methods of rolling stats supported in the "Manage Characters" section, but most people just roll the dice in the chat window and type in the results (or drag and drop the numbers).

As Andraax mentions, there isn't drag/drop support yet.

There is info on entering PC data in the Wiki -> User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...haracter_Sheet

And more general PC creation in the "Creating a character" section in the "Player Handbook" library module reference manual in FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    There are no "drag and drop" classes for Castles and Crusades. As far as I know, only the D&D 5E has full support for that, and Pathfinder has some limited support. I am working on that for C&C, but none of that code has been released yet. There are several methods of rolling stats supported in the "Manage Characters" section, but most people just roll the dice in the chat window and type in the results (or drag and drop the numbers).
    Call of Cthulhu 7e also has it

I understand why it doesn't have it atm. I didn't realize it was such a retro game system.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyWest View Post
    I understand why it doesn't have it atm. I didn't realize it was such a retro game system.
    Well, it's retro in terms of OSR!

But, it's not retro when compared to most FG rulesets. D&D 5E got a lot of development when SmiteWorks obtained the license from Wizards. And the way that official Wizards products are written (races, classes, abilities) makes it possible to write parsers that are (mostly) accurate for 5E. Now people who have seen the 5E ruleset are "spoiled" and expect the exact same level of automation in other rulesets that are perfectly usable now. And it is not always as straightforward to "instantly" catch up with what is the FG flagship ruleset.

First and foremost FG rulesets allow you to play the RPG system it is designed for. Time-and-again the FG devs will tell you that FG is not a character creation application. But this, partly due to the 5E ruleset functionality and partly due to user expectations in general, is how people seem to expect every single FG ruleset should be.

I agree, drag-n-drop races, classes and character abilities are very nice to have. But once they're on the character they're pretty much static data. The main guts of the ruleset is what allows you the play. And the Castles & Crusades ruleset allows you to do that!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Dont let an extra 5 mins in Charcater Creation/Setup put you off. Its a good game and a good ruleset and its excellent value.

Does the character sheet have some kind of indicator for Primary and Secondary attribute choices? Also, how do I add level into an attribute check (other than the general modifier box)? I can't get the "+" symbol over the attributes bonus box to open up anything like it does in other sets.

BTW I know this isn't a 5e or other similar type set with all the bells and whistles, just pushing the boundaries on knowing what I can do. If the answer is doing it manually, I'm good with that, just hoping there's some automated help in there.

Thread Information