FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 15 First ... 2345614 ... Last

Thread: C & C Questions

In options, change the NPCs initiative from "Group" to "Individual".

Thanks! That is exactly what I want!

As was obvious by my previous posts, I was asking a lot of these questions. I have found after reading the supplied links, that those questions were addressed already, and I can save my questions for things a bit harder to find an answer for. Here are the links, and hope it helps you too. I know I was searching everywhere for answers till I found this post, then eventually found these links. Helped me a lot. (although I'm sure I've got a dozen questions in my back pocket waiting to spring later! lol)

The User Guide (which is general FG, as well as several that are CnC specific)
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/User_Guides

I've read the User Guides listed on this page. Helped with questions I didn't know I needed to ask sometimes.

Youtube Tutorials about 2 minutes each:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpdp...r6UcaaLvD7YlJd

This I watched. But found so much information crammed in there, decided I would come back and watch the 2 minute video pertaining to the subject I needed help on, when I needed it. The videos are the bomb.
    Last edited by Segin; July 2nd, 2018 at 01:58.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Thanks, I appreciate it Segin! I am reasonably experienced with FG - but after 30 minutes of searching, I tend to reach out.

To whomever did the iconography... Out of the rulesets that I own, this is far and away the best set of icons. Heck, I even like the minimized icon

Looking again at initiative...

For you guys GMing, which init die type do you go with and why? I noticed that PCs get the advantage on a tie and I am pretty sure that I as a player would prefer the D10 (since 10% of the time, I would auto-win initiative because PCs win ties).

I also like inits rolled each round since I feel like new turn orders help maintain interest. Any arguments against?

Shrug. I am using d20. d10 is crowded I think, making the initiative bonus a bigger bonus than with a d20. But mainly using d20 because the previous system I was in used d20 for init, more so than the init bonus factoring more on d10 than d20.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Blog Entries
    Segin those videos were by me and done a long time ago and were my first attempts at videos - so excuse the poor production quality.
    Most of the info in them should be mostly relevant still.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Segin those videos were by me and done a long time ago and were my first attempts at videos - so excuse the poor production quality.
    Most of the info in them should be mostly relevant still.
    I don't know about poor quality. They were short and to the point which is really nice when trying to get your feet wet and game going. Finding that much information in 2-3 minutes makes it so accessible to someone who just wants to find out and jump in.

There is a place for longer, explanatory videos, but I really like the template of breaking things up and doing it 'short by showing', instead of talking about it 10 minutes (although that has its place sometimes too I suppose).

Between those videos and the User Guide, I've got plenty to chew on for now.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Use d20 for initiative.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information