Starfinder Playlist

View Poll Results: What's taters precious?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I likes mine RAW and wrigglin'!

6 26.09%
  • I homebrew everything.

1 4.35%
  • I only change things when needed.

14 60.87%
  • PO-TA-TOES!

2 8.70%
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: RAW or cooked?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    “Yahoos” is term for random players?
    No, 'yahoos' is a term that is fairly hard to define. But in this sense it means players who are not mature, or respectful or others, or polite, or are just selfish.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I change lots of stuff. My players have a thirst for combat, so I always look to add more encounters for them. I'm relatively new to full-time FG gaming (not really possible to pen and paper anymore due to folks not being able to meet up anymore). I have ended up having to make quest encounters tougher as the party have been earning more XP than they're supposed to. For example, we're only mid-way through Legacy of the Crystal Shard and the party are already level 4 with quite a lot of custom content added. That's what I love about FG, though. It's a fair learning curve, but there is always the scope to add content on the fly - and there is a lot of support on this forum on how to do it. Really appreciate the contributors who have put in the effort to make this possible.

If I'm at a FLGS for encounters or a hosted event I run RAW. On my personal games I do have a few house rules.

RAW all the way.

I do SOME modifications, but most of them are in the Dungeon Master Guide (5e) as optional, like lingering injuries, or the alternative rules for rolling initiative every round, etc.
    D&D is very stupid sometimes, but it is high magic.
    I learned to stop trying to fix everything and just accept that the system is not made for some things, specially any kind of realism.

in general, 5e skills can cover everything.

I am dying for DMing a Song of Ice and Fire RPG session to see what it will do about the realistic aspect, unfortunately, it has no ruleset.

Thread Information