Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

I have Realm Works and used to use it heavily, but currently it can't do a lot of stuff that I need it to. It has no spell check, no printing option, and can't do custom calendars for example. When you get a Realm all set up it is great, but it does take awhile to learn and data entry is very time consuming. Your players are going to all need a Player or GM version to view info too. (They don't have an upgrade from Player version to GM version implemented yet. So keep that in mind if a Player asks what is going to be better to get now and they may want to GM in the future. The GM version is better buy.

The Player version currently doesn't do everything that was planned for it now too.

Realm Works does have an active fan community with a lot of fan tutorial videos.

Some official Realm Works adaptations of RPG modules, etc. have been done and a few are free but they are way behind on getting the Content Market or it out.

It is also going to have a cloud fee once the Content market does go live. Also, a lot of the entry stuff your going to spend time doing may be stuff that you'll see offered once the Content Market goes live and when more people use it. I spent a good bit of time just doing entry for rules instead of actually getting the campaign info in. Realm can be exported and imported now but I haven't seen much sharing of realm info for certain things like SRD stuff for a few systems.

Realm Work realms can get very big too like several gigs in size and that can be a problem depending on drive space, and downloading (synching) of realms made in it.

Realm Works is meant to be generic but it works better with certain game systems, etc. I've noticed. So what game you'll be running is going to be another factor.

You might also want to look into the NBOS program the Keep. I used that for several years. You can find it in a bundle on RPGNow which may be a better buy than directly from NBOS.

https://www.nbos.com/products/the-keep
    Last edited by Jay_NOLA; April 25th, 2018 at 20:07. Reason: Typo

Thread Information