DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Starfinder Starships Update

Good Morning all.
    Wanted to bring you all up to date on the status of Starships in the SFRPG Rule Set.

With the upcoming weekly update 1.0.9 (Pending a good test). you should see the following update to Starships.

Updates the bulk of the character starship records and fields. Users can now build custom player starships by dropping starship components (frames, power cores, thrusters, systems, expansion bays, shields and weapons) from the Core Rulebook module. A future update will allow users to create starships using the example starship records from the Core Rulebook and other modules as well. Player characters can be added (by the host) as crew members and assigned a crew role, each with their own discreet set of actions (actions are displayed but not enabled in this update).

The sheet when shared with all connected players will automatically assign ownership of the sheet and fields as follows:
    • gm - host - entire sheet/all fields
    • captain - player who created the sheet - entire sheet/all fields/all crew actions
    • pilot - player assigned to the Pilot role - pilot actions
    • engineer - players assigned to the Engineer role - engineer actions/main sheet Shields/System Critical Damage*
    • science officer - players assigned to the Science Officer role - science officer actions/main sheet Arc Shields SP*
    • gunner - players assigned to the Gunner role - gunner actions

* will be enabled this coming weekend.

When creating a new starship, a Step-by-Step Guide will be displayed for reference. I have summarized it below for quick reference. Give it a whirl and shout if you hit any issues, if you follow the guide, it should work. Lost count of the number of ships that have created using all base frame types but not every permutation has been tested so there maybe the odd hiccup.

Starship Build Notes (for Captains only).

Hint: This window will remain open until the ship has been assigned at least a name, tier and frame. When adding items, see chatwindow for build status.

To build a ship:

Step 1: Name the Starship
    Step 2: Assign a Tier Level; this will assign max Build Points.
    Step 3: Assign a Frame (see Starships list); this will assign size and maneuverability
    Step 4: Assign a Power Core (see Starship Items list); this will assign max PCU.
    Step 5: Assign Thrusters (see Starship Items list); this will assign the ships speed.
    Step 6: Assign other Systems (see Starship Items); these will be listed in the Systems and Expansion Bay lists.
    Step 7: Assign Shields (see Starship Shields); this will assign SP and will auto-balance their distributio to each Arc.
    Step 8: Assign Weapons to ship mountpoints (see Starship Weapons).
    Step 9: User who builds the starship should add their own PC in the 'Captain' role.
    Step 10: With Users logged in and assigned to a PC, ask the GM to add PCs to Crew and selects the role. Each player's crew role action panel can be accessed by the respective player only (as well as GM).
    Step 11: Share the sheet to all players
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Looks great Russell. With this update, does this mean everything related to starship combat that will be provided is be ready except rollable actions and the ability to use Core rule book starship records?

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Looks great Russell. With this update, does this mean everything related to starship combat that will be provided is be ready except rollable actions and the ability to use Core rule book starship records?
    It will but not in this push. But everything gets listed.

We are taking it Step by Step.
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Looks really good Russell. Pass my compliments to the other developer you are working with on this. Can't wait to see how the changes will play out.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    It will but not in this push. But everything gets listed.

We are taking it Step by Step.
    I think I follow, but let me ask it another way. With the next update, what is still planned but won't yet be available? I'm interested in what the full functionality will be....but specifically concerned with when we will be able to track hull, shield and systems damage. Regardless, I'm very excited to give this a spin. Thank you!
    Last edited by Talen; April 20th, 2018 at 16:52.

It is getting harder and harder to resist buying into this rule set. This update looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    Looks really good Russell. Pass my compliments to the other developer you are working with on this. Can't wait to see how the changes will play out.
    Thanks I will be sure to paas it on
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I think I follow, but let me ask it another way. With the next update, what is still planned but won't yet be available? I'm interested in what the full functionality will be....but specifically concerned with when we will be able to track hull, shield and systems damage. Regardless, I'm very excited to give this a spin. Thank you!
    Plans are a full Combat tracker supported Starship system. But he needed to get the starship char sheet done first so he had all the tags required to interact with the CT
    Ultimate License
    Lets Play a RPG

Incredible work. This ruleset is coming along nicely.
    FG Ultimate License
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)

Looking good!
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Thread Information