5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Simple Dark Theme

Hello everyone! I just wanted to share a little something I put together for my group. Several of my players expressed that the other themes available were a bit too bright (especially the 5e Wizards theme), and so I decided to make a "Night Mode" version of the Simple Gray theme.

If you have ideas for improvements please let me know!

Revisions
    v0.3 - Theme for FGC (removed from post due to lack of testing)
    v1.0 - Original Theme Updated for Unity, all future updates are for Unity unless otherwise specified
    v1.01 - Theme updated for improved visibility of some icons
    v1.02 - Increased size of "Close Window" icon, and the "Help" buttons (Special thanks to kevininrussia on the FG Discord for his contributions). Forum thread updated a tad.
    v1.03 - Updated for compatibility with 02-2021 Ruleset Updates. Replaced Ship CT Icon for SFRPG Ruleset.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Neovirtus; February 18th, 2021 at 01:58.

Perhaps this should be in the Extensions Sub-forum? If so, maybe a mod could move it? Thanks.

Done.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums! Nice first post *G* glad you are here!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Welcome to the forums! Nice first post *G* glad you are here!
    Thanks LordEntrails. Been lurking for a while, and more active on Discord. Seems like a great community (not that I would expect anything less from a TTRPG-centric group!).

I like this theme. If there is a way to select the font type and base color it can be used as universal theme for both sci-fi and fantasy games. Maybe some slider to control the base color, but I don’t know if there is such possibility with themes, like we have with the dices.

Maybe playing with the /light switch?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    This is a great look, thanks lavoiejh! I think CoreRPG should adopt it (or one of the other "simple" themes) as the default.

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    I can't tell you how happy this makes me... seeing these themes take on (an albeit small) life of their own. These first two themes were always meant as a jumping off point to do exactly what is happening here, make color / font changes, make different "flavors" of these, once the basic architecture was established. In my head it would eventually be something like the google chrome theme options. I only wish i had the time to dedicate to it myself... someday!

I've updated the OP with an updated extension (v0.3). Turns out I had gotten overzealous in my renaming of files and the inspiration check box wasn't appearing anymore. Thanks to Torment#0990 on the FG Discord for messaging me about the initial issue and helping me to find the mistake. Very glad to see that other people are finding that they like the modified theme. I'll continue to play with it, and make improvements as time allows. I've already got a small wishlist of changes going, so please let me know if there's anything you think of while using the theme and I'll add it to the list. Or, as Torment did, go ahead and fix it if you can, then just let me know so I can push it out to the community in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ll00ll00ll00ll View Post
    I can't tell you how happy this makes me... seeing these themes take on (an albeit small) life of their own. These first two themes were always meant as a jumping off point to do exactly what is happening here, make color / font changes, make different "flavors" of these, once the basic architecture was established. In my head it would eventually be something like the google chrome theme options. I only wish i had the time to dedicate to it myself... someday!
    Thank you very much for the effort on the original themes. It says a lot that someone like me (i.e. a programming rookie) can go in and easily figure out what needs to be done to make it the way my group wants! I'm having a lot of fun learning with this stuff, and when I can't scratch the D&D itch, this allows me to do something tangentially related.

Thread Information