5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    It was broken off from the Unity thread, so I thought this was the thread indicated for those "ideas".
    It is for both of them, since FGU will have backwards compatibility.
    We are discussing layout overall.

And yes, maybe Unity will make some things we will discuss here that will not be possible in FGC but will in FGU, like the minimize button previously discussed.

Now lets go back to the subject of the thread?

Not sure if this falls into the category for this thread but it would be nice if individuals had the ability to run their own extensions beyond what the DM might run.

My primary example is being able to run larger fonts on my machine (eyes not as good as they were when I was young) when the DM doesn't run that extension.

Maybe this would be a button that allows you to scale fonts on your machine.

Hi,

I'd like to add my support for each 'type' of window (e.g. PC sheets, NPC sheets, Story entries, Encounter entries etc.), rather than each specific piece of 'content', to remember it's position and size, rather than each instance defaulting to the centre and needing to be manually re-positioned when the window with that specific 'content' is first opened. I realise this probably can't include Images as each piece of content is likely a different size, but this would really improve my user experience and, I'm hoping, wouldn't be impossible to implement with the current architecture.

Cheers,

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Hi,

I'd like to add my support for each 'type' of window (e.g. PC sheets, NPC sheets, Story entries, Encounter entries etc.), rather than each specific piece of 'content', to remember it's position and size, rather than each instance defaulting to the centre and needing to be manually re-positioned when the window with that specific 'content' is first opened. I realise this probably can't include Images as each piece of content is likely a different size, but this would really improve my user experience and, I'm hoping, wouldn't be impossible to implement with the current architecture.

Cheers,

Simon
    nice. Gonna add it to the list

I liked the idea of having tabs, that said I'd settle for a shortcut to cycle through open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsDen13 View Post
    Not sure if this falls into the category for this thread but it would be nice if individuals had the ability to run their own extensions beyond what the DM might run.

My primary example is being able to run larger fonts on my machine (eyes not as good as they were when I was young) when the DM doesn't run that extension.

Maybe this would be a button that allows you to scale fonts on your machine.
    Not sure what kind of issues that might cause (for example a player using an extension that adds another tab to the character sheet), but this old geezer would love to be able to change the font size without begging all the young'un GMs to take pity on me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    Not sure what kind of issues that might cause (for example a player using an extension that adds another tab to the character sheet), but this old geezer would love to be able to change the font size without begging all the young'un GMs to take pity on me.
    You have tried /scaleui right? That and combined with changing your screen resolution can make a big difference (though not ideal, the combo works well for me).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

scaleui not only changes fonts sizes, but widow sizes, images sizes, etc. it is not the answer for things only needed larger fonts to be able to read.

please tell me this will help in any way shape or form to read anything?

screenshot0008.png

sometimes you just need the actual text bigger, and ALL the rest of the UI left alone!

screenshot0007.png

have people always suggesting this scaleui ever actually used it to see how horrible and useless the results are? if not, look at the 1st image above.

EDIT: while you can reposition and resize most windows, the sidebar is fixed permanently,a nd scaling the UI itself just makes it in the way, or defeats it being a sidebar to be able to get to things as windows them just cover it all the time.

scaleui is useless for font size related issues.
    Last edited by shadzar; April 23rd, 2018 at 21:24.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    scaleui not only changes fonts sizes, but widow sizes, images sizes, etc. it is not the answer for things only needed larger fonts to be able to read.

please tell me this will help in any way shape or form to read anything?

screenshot0008.png

sometimes you just need the actual text bigger, and ALL the rest of the UI left alone!

screenshot0007.png

have people always suggesting this scaleui ever actually used it to see how horrible and useless the results are? if not, look at the 1st image above.

EDIT: while you can reposition and resize most windows, the sidebar is fixed permanently,a nd scaling the UI itself just makes it in the way, or defeats it being a sidebar to be able to get to things as windows them just cover it all the time.

scaleui is useless for font size related issues.
    mostly agree. The sidebar it is unnecessarily big. The scaleui is mostly to get rid of it. Lol.

Maybe making these buttons naturally smaller would help a lot.

I'll add it to the list

Blog Entries
    EDI: deleted, no value
    Last edited by LordEntrails; April 23rd, 2018 at 23:04.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information