DICE PACKS BUNDLE

The Incredible - and scary - vanishing tokens!

I had a huge number of portraits/tokens last time I started working in FG. Without making any changes to the token folder and closing out the program with all those tokens there, I now find that there are only about a dozen tokens in the bag! Yikes! What happened and how do I get back my token collection???

Were the tokens in modules? And if so did you open the modules? Where exactly did you have the tokens and portraits stored? Is this a new campaign or the same campaign that you last had the tokens open? What license type to you have? Where did you get the tokens and portraits? What version number and license type is showing on the top right of your start screen? What ruleset are you using?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Vanishing Tokens

Were the tokens in modules? No, they were in a community folder and had been there a long time. Only surprising difference I noted was when I went to the folder they were all scrambled up instead of neat and orderly like before. So I rearranged the tokens automatically with FG. All looked good until I started FG again.
    Where exactly did you have the tokens and portraits stored? as above

Is this a new campaign or the same campaign that you last had the tokens open?
    same

What license type to you have?
    Ultimate
    Where did you get the tokens and portraits?
    had then for ages, some purchased, some part of Devon Knight (?) packs or maybe even from fg itself, some from rpgnow

What version number and license type is showing on the top right of your start screen?
    v 3.3.4 Ultimate

What ruleset are you using?
    5E

The only other notable quotable is that a few months ago it was suggested I use some program to transfer my self made crit tables from a prior campaign into my current campaign. The program was "so - so" it did what I wanted but a lot of extra stuff appeared, including a bunch of token bags. Most of them were empty or nearly empty but my main community folder was filled with the ones I used and worked all this year through many game sessions. But I just checked again and they are not displaying in FG. Going to painstakingly go through the folders in the Program files now but it sure seems like they somehow got deleted.

Blog Entries
    This was resolved, in case anyone runs into the same issue. See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...G-token-glitch

Reference my vanishing tokens post (which doesnt show up in a search here??)
    So I checked the FG tokens/Community folder and all the token icons were there....but still not showing up in FG!
    Note that this is AFTER having started and stopped FG numerous times. Then I went to the SEARCH box and clicked there and suddenly they all appeared! For some reason FG was holding onto my last search results even though no text appeared in the bar and FG had been started and stopped at least a half a dozen times. So it made me think all the tokens had vanished but they were just hidden due to a previous sessions search....even though no letters still appeared in the box.
    So, Whew! They are still there. But I thinking "clearing" the search fields should probably be part of the exit process of an FG shutdown."

Thread Information